or Connect

Posts by Cinder

Well, I did leave it up to DH, so I'm actually with you there, but, I don't live in or anywhere near omaha (we are in colorado, near boulder) and none of our 3 sons are circumcised, cause my dh didn't want them to be (yes, my dh is circucised, not that it matters) so I'm not any help at all.  I suggest going someplace else to ask this question, or if it is really that important, get the vit. K shot now...most of the issues with it (and I did refuse it) are not that big,...
We are looking for a new ped.  Our current ped has a 10 day wait for sick visits, they are just swamped, so we need something new.  We live in Longmont, but boulder or lafayette would be a very short drive, so that's fine as well.   We have 4 kids ranging from 2 1/2 years old to 9 years old.  1 girl and 3 boys.   None of them are still breastfed, so the peds opinions on that won't matter much, but they all weaned between 18 months and 4 years (plus 3 days)...
          All the pictures of Travis and River here are on facebook, and have been since they were taken, no issues what so ever there.  Janelle and Kincaid's are not, cause they weren't still nursing when I started on facebook.    
All 3 of my boys have had speech delays in very different ways.  No clue if any of our experiences can help you at all, but I'll share just in case.    Kincaid was born on 3/29/2004 and is 7 now.  Kincaid didn't talk till he was 3, and then it was slow, like a baby learning how to talk, he said his first words at 3, put 2-3 words together between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 and wasn't talking in sentences till he was 5.  He still has a pretty severe articulation delay, and still...
I would love a butterfly, I've been considering buying one for years now.
Janelle was 6 and needed zofran for a 12 day long stomach bug and swallowed it with no issue, since that day she refuses to take anything in liquid/chewable form.  They make jr. strength motrin that has dosing on it for kids that is swallowable, but also a 47lb kid can take 1 normal adult strength ibuprofin tablet...Janelle is only 44lbs now, but her ped ok'd it for her.
It wouldn't concern me...there was a little girl in Kincaid's kindergarten class who kissed all the boys (on the lips) before the end of the year...she did get told she couldn't kiss at school multiple times, but she never listened and it was never disciplined more than just reminding her it wasn't allowed, which made sense to me.  Little kids kiss, they kiss their parents and their siblings, the know it's a way of physically showing love, so they in turn kiss their...
We do vaccines quite slowly, no more than 1 vaccine per appointment, so at 8 and almost 7 my kids still get 1-2 shots per year, plus, Janelle didn't get her first vaccine till 2 and Kincaid didn't until 3.     Anyway, nothing works for Janelle, we have to literally hold her down...but, this is true for blood work, even finger pricks, as well, and x-rays for who knows what reason also.  She is also just kinda scared of getting hurt in general, she won't ride a bike,...
We do HIB and Prevnar pretty young...that(meningitis from these bacterias) is something kids do get in our area and our kids are at risk for (more so Travis and River since Janelle and Kincaid were already in school when they were born...Janelle and Kincaid got no vaccines before 2 and 3 years old respectively and Travis and River started getting vaccines at 6 months old) so we did do them.  We also did do dtap after the hib and prevnar were both done (and we only do 1...
Janelle, born at 34 weeks, had no real issues nursing, we had to fight to keep her awake while nursing those first couple months before she hit 7lbs, but that's it, she latched fine and everything.  She nursed exclusively till past 9 months when she started solids...but she didn't eat solids every day even once a day till past 1.  I tandem nursed her while pregnant with Kincaid.  When Kincaid was born she went on a complete eating strike and went back to exclusively...