or Connect

Posts by Cinder

Quote: Originally Posted by urchin_grey I couldn't even tell you where DS is on the chart because it doesn't go that low. Yea, River was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency last month, we are also looking for other issues, as he has some other small issues that all point towards a genetic syndrome. But, even my other two kids who are small just not as small as River and who seem to just be genetically small, all medical tests have came...
3 of my 4 kids are on either IEPs or IFSPs and no one has requested birth records...they did request stuff from Kincaid's neurologist, but that made sense since a big part of his delays are caused by the seizures he had, but that's been it.
most carts have it written somewhere, either 35 or 40lbs....
Janelle at 18 months had been talking in full sentences for like 4 months or so by then, at 1 she was talking in 2-3 word phrases...she said her first word at 7 months. Kincaid at 18 months had no words, no signs, didn't know his name...he didn't say his first word till 3 1/2, didn't talk in sentences till 4 1/2, and still has a severe articulation delay. He's been in speech therapy (as well as other therapies) since 15 months old. Travis is 2 1/2 and has 1 word,...
Quote: Originally Posted by chickabiddy The back seat is always safer for everyone. Yea...I remember my mom wouldn't let us ride in the front seat cause the back seat is safer until we were as tall as her, and even the sesame street books from the late 70's/early 80's we have here tell you to "always where your seat belt and remember the back seat is safest for children under 12" on the last page of almost every book. I think airbags just made...
Ohh yea, I totally agree with you! We did PT then too, but therapies in pre-school were all push-ins instead of pull outs and done as part of the curriculum so he wasn't missing anything anyway, and, well, it was just pre-school.
Quote: Originally Posted by DoulaVallere So, bad news. The endo says he "wouldn't be surprised at all" if he's growth hormone deficient. His IGF levels were 2 standard deviations below normal, his bone age is somewhere between that of a 14-18mo old, he's the size of an average 22 mo old (he's 31mo old), and the doc confirmed that he has the midface hypoplasia that I thought he has. So we go to the hospital in August for the 4 hour blood draw where they...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2boyzmama We had yet another IEP meeting for Connor (that makes, um, 3 official IEP meetings, plus the MFE, ETR, and two "informal" meetings since March ) We had several topics to discuss, but before I get into the details, here's my question: Can I ask that a member of the team be replaced by someone else? I am finding that I really dislike the audiologist that our special education regional center has assigned to Connor,...
Thinking about you, I hope you get the best possible news tomorrow!
Quote: Originally Posted by MammaB21 In a natural environment you wouldn't put a baby on a 4 foot changing table. That would be consitant with the examples I gave of common sense parenting coupled with allowing a child the freedom to learn safety limits. They do know that fire is hot. Fire gives off heat whether you touch it or not and it doesn't take much of that heat to pull back or know to stay away. Most fire accidents come from...