or Connect

Posts by Cinder

Quote: Originally Posted by MammaB21 Hhhhmmm, I don't know, I seem to be getting misunderstood. Has anyone here read The Continuum Concept? One more time I'll try to explain: Children are born with an innate sense of safety. If you put a baby in front of a large hole, or a bonfire, they'll steer clear of it on their own because they see the danger there. How do you think animals avoid danger? Have you ever seen a mama duck walking with her ducklings?...
Quote: Originally Posted by nextcommercial I hate it when parents make excuses for their kids instead of owning up to it. I probably would have spoken directly to the child at that point. Nice, but firm. (And, I'd probably assume he was younger than three, and maybe just a very old looking 18 months-ish) If Mom can't be bothered to parent her child, then you get to tell the child "You may not hit my daughter. I don't like that!" Then, it's...
I realized it had been way too long since I did one of these threads, so I tried to find the most current one. I realized it when I posted a thread about River and only Ally knew any background. Anyway... Janelle-7 She has no current diagnosis, there was a point when our ped thought she had mild cerebral palsy due to poor upper body strength/tone, but I refused doing an mri/cat scan and it's no longer an issue. We've also had a diagnosis of PDD-NOS which I don't...
Here is Janelle, she is 7 1/2 http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4057/...eeee708120.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/...fe8f8a1c49.jpg-dressed up for her 1st grade class play. Kincaid, he turned 6 in March (and lost his autism diagnosis in february! His current diagnosis is global dyspraxia and otherwise health impaired (due to a global developmental delay of 18 months, equal to the time he had seizures before we got the right treatment figured...
I have not used one...I was very against them till recently. If we get to a point where Travis won't ride in a stroller or let us carry him and he still doesn't either understand what we are telling him, hear what we are telling him, or just ignores everything we tell him (he is autistic, plus there is some hearing issue going on that we are still trying to figure out) then we will use one in order to keep him safe. Right now, he loves his stroller and he loves being...
Quote: Originally Posted by npl Also, remember that their growth is much slower in the second year than the first, so it takes much longer to get from 24 to 35 lbs than it did to get from birth to 24lbs. You've probably got much longer in the seat rf than you think! Yes! Kincaid was 17lbs at 4 months old and didn't hit 35lbs till he was 4. Growth slows down a ton after the first year for most kids. But I do agree that newborns do not fit in...
we did breast milk fortifier...and they wanted us to keep them on it till they were in the 3rd% or higher...but, well, Janelle would STILL be on it now at almost 8, so when she stopped taking bottles at 6 weeks old we didn't do it again. River we are still trying to get some sort of high calorie rx formula into him at 13 months (last thursday he was 13lbs 7ounces)...but we can't get him to drink from a bottle, cup, straw or bottle and our trial with a tube (ng tube)...
my preemie wasn't that early or small by a long shot but she was born at 34 weeks, 4 1/2lbs after diuretics and now at almost 8 years old except for being extremely skinny (25th% for height and below the 3rd% for weight) she is fine... But we do have close friends to our family that had a preemie 14 years ago. She didn't know she was pregnant till she went to the ER for pre-e (and was sent home twice that night) even though she had went to the doctor about 5 times for...
River got pt/ot for gross motor delays starting at 9 months cause he couldn't sit up and couldn't even get up on his hands and knees so he wasn't close to crawling yet. By 1 year he had caught up completely, we have now switched his OT to feeding therapy since he will not take liquid from anywhere but my breast.
We all had a stomach virus last month and that is exactly how it effected Travis...it lasted a little over a week for him, everyone else in the family had a completely typical 24 hour bug.