or Connect

Posts by Cinder

Quote: Originally Posted by CarrieMF I could see possibly being upset, but I wouldn't be overly mad about it either. If this was a new med(or a change, or a RX rewal on paper) & the pharmacist was reading a RX it is very easy to get things mixed up. This is why you're always supposed to check a RX before leaving. Do you have to fill out a medical form for the school to administer meds? If so you most likely would have caught it then. If it was...
Quote: Originally Posted by 34me Check out the Magic Foundation site and there is also a Russell Silver Yahoo group. There is a growth delay conference in Chicago every year in June or July I think. Just an FYI too - sometimes RSS is often a diagnosis of exclusions. Few kids/adults have the genetic marker for it. Yea, it sounds very likely that if nothing else pops up on his testing before then than genetics will be giving him a diagnosis in...
We are home and this is what we know thus far! He definitely has low growth hormone levels, this will need to be taken care of, but if there is no other diagnosis then there is no difference between doing growth hormone therapy at 2 years old and doing it anytime before puberty, so it's not something we have to worry about now. Genetics is almost 100% certain he will get a russell-silver diagnosis, our ped is not as sure, the test was sent out we will have results...
I'm assuming it's cause they don't have any rules for kids over 1 who are breastfed. I fought it with Janelle, and got permission to breastfeed her up to 4 hours before her tonsillectomy at 3 1/2 years old, I argued it couldn't be any worse than if she was 10 months old to give her the same thing, they made the doctor call me, I explained him what I was fighting, he laughed and just told them she could have it. So, if nothing else, get your doctor who is doing the...
So, today has been filled with more tests, but some definite answers. His kidney ultrasound was consistent with russell-silver syndrome as well (but, it could also be consistent with other syndromes, it's just this is the one we are most looking at right now), and his growth hormone levels are low, so even if we don't leave with a diagnosis, we have an answer as to why he isn't growing and a treatment (growth hormone therapy) to help. Because we do now have some answers...
I'm doing ok, I will be relieved if/when we find out something is wrong...or just knowing we have really exhausted every avenue and know that whatever it is it's not serious. This has been going on for so long now, and having some answers would be good. The physical markings thing totally threw me though, now that I've looked at some pictures I can definitely see what they are seeing with his large forhead and such. OT came, she is having gastroenterology come up and do...
That's kinda what our ped is hoping...that this hospitalization will be the quickest way to a diagnosis... the dietician thinks he has way too high of a palatte, so she has put in orders for ENT and speech. And she also has lactation coming to see how much I can pump, since I haven't pumped in months, and they are going to recheck my milks fat content and such since it can change a lot over the course of 10 months. The geneticist (higher up one) just came in and ordered...
Quote: Originally Posted by OdinsMommy0409 Have you looked at/contacted the MAGIC Foundation? They are an excellent source for children with growth disorders of varying origins including IUGR. You should check out their website and even call them as we've found them an excellent resource. Has he been seeing a pedi endocrocrinologist to monitor his growth? Never heard of the magic foundation. He just started seeing a pediatric...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2boyzmama http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html "Different babies take in different amounts of milk; a typical range of milk intakes is 19-30 oz per day (570-900 mL per day)." His intake might not be that low...although at a year, most kids are taking in solid food as well. You can ask for a creamatocrit to be done on your milk to find out the fat content too see if that could be a contributing factor. ...
I had someone else suggest an sns as well, I'm going to ask about that, definitely before an ng tube...but it's not like I'm only making that much milk, it's like that's all he wants...cause sometimes he only nurses for 5 minutes and gets 2oz... He actually eats a LOT of solid food, and has been eating solids for regularly like this for 3 months now. So far today (it's 10am) he's had 4 graham crackers with peanut butter, half a single serve box of dry cheerios (he woke...