or Connect

Posts by Cinder

River has had issues with FTT for ever, actually, since an IUGR diagnosis at 17 weeks pregnant, but he got sick on May 4th and from the 4th to the 21st he lost 14ounces (making him 12lbs 15oz, he was 1 on May 2nd), and we had went to get tests ran to try to figure out why he had had a fever for so long on the 10th, and the only thing they found was a rhino and adeno virus, which shouldn't make a kid sick for 3 weeks. So, we were hospitalized saturday morning, we are...
We moved from Michigan to Colorado with Kincaid on an IEP when he was 3 1/2. The rules actually said they were supposed to evaluate him themselves within 30 days of us moving into the district...so they didn't have to accept his prev. iep at all. That said, they chose to just implement his IEP from michigan as is and not write their own till 4...they even kept it as a 3 year ipe and didn't do any more testing till he turned 6. Some things changed...he was in a self...
Have you got an evaluation? I seriously didn't think Travis' issues were sensory related, they were so different than Kincaid's, and when I tried all the stuff we learned with Kincaid, none of it helped at all. But now that we have figured out, with the help of his therapist, new tricks for him, we have seen a huge improvement.
Quote: Originally Posted by mbm I grew up with ZERO bathroom privacy. Our bathroom door unlocked from either side, and my mother was always letting herself in to get something or just to have a conversation, whatever I happened to be doing in there. She still does this when I visit! Me too...but I didn't mind it and it's the same in our house now.
We are moving in June...we will only be about 1 1/2 hours away from our current ped if we have to stick with her...but we are moving from Denver Colorado to Boulder Colorado, so I'm assuming it shouldn't be hard to find a foreskin friendly ped in boulder, it's much "crunchier" for lack of a better word there. Other things...I'm breastfeeding my 1 year old still, my now 7 year old nursed till she was 4, so that is a definitely possibility, so extended breastfeeding has...
This describes Travis 100%... Weighted vests, wrapping, rough play, heavy work etc all work to calm him down so he acts like a normal 2 year old instead of a "travis monster"...but I never would of figured out to do those things if not for his therapist, Kincaid had sensory issues as well, he just didn't react in the same way. Travis is autistic, but I think sensory issues, even severe ones, can easily be completely unrelated to any other diagnosis, so I definitely...
Quote: Originally Posted by Minky I had one removed, which had a cavity in it, when I was 25. It was such a terrible procedure that I opted to have another one drilled, rather than pulled, when I had another cavity at 30. My husband had the "pre-emptive" removal, which was proposed to both of us by our dentists when we were in our teens, and had a much more complicated recovery as they had to cut into his gum to find the not-yet-erupted teeth. I...
Janelle was diagnosed by the developmental team who did her sleep study at 3 1/2 (they also did her sleep study at 3...) with pdd-nos. We've never investigated this any further, cause she is fine, she definitely has some sensory issues, but in comparison to her brothers(Kincaid, who was diagnosed with ASD (never specified) at 2 1/2, and Travis who was diagnosed with autism at 2 1/2) who literally can not function in normal life due to severe sensory issues, they are...
Quote: Originally Posted by DahliaRW It actually depends a lot on age as well, since skeletal/hip development has a lot to do with it. A lot of techs agree that older children below 40lbs are fine in a booster, and as a parent you have to decide at what age you are comfortable with that. A lot of boosters are rated 30+lbs. I don't know, at 6 years old and 34lbs Janelle didn't look safe in a booster, but she also is on the short side and is...
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyNY This may not be welcome advice, but I'm going to say it anyway--pick your battles. That's just my take, anyway. This would be what I'd suggest too. I would make sure my kids got breastmilk as much as humanly possible, no one touched my sons penis, and no one vaccinated my child...but I would let slide organic soaps and the like, you want the nurses to like you, trust me, so don't make their jobs any harder...