or Connect

Posts by Cinder

None of my kids are deaf but Kincaid has an auditory processing disorder. He was also very cognitively delayed for the first 3 years of his life(he has caught up now!!!), and no matter how hard we tried he never picked up on ESL or PECS. Now at 6 it is obvious to everyone that he reads lips more so than he hears, if he can't see you talking, he doesn't know what you said. He has a diagnosis of global dyspraxia as well and has horrid articulation. Travis has failed...
ohh, I was wrong though, there are all day kindergarten class rooms. They are working on making it so there is only all day kindergarten available, but it's a slow process starting with the most at risk schools. So the 6 schools with the lowest test scores and highest # of kids receiving free lunch (avg. together in some way) have all day kindergarten, they are adding 3 schools per year to this.
Special education services vary so much by state, even by district there are huge differences... Kincaid (who was diagnosed with dyspraxia at 18 months, global developmental delays at 18 months, ASD (they never specified it) at 2 1/2, and re diagnosed with global dyspraxia at 6 when he lost his ASD diagnosis) was put in pre-school when he turned 3. In Michigan it was a specifically special needs pre-school, kids were in self contained class rooms there, and it was 6...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan What infant seat does she have that goes up to 35lbs? That's insane if someone decided to manufacture that and test it. No one would be able to carry a 35lb kid in a infant carrier, and most kids will be waaaaaaaaaaay too tall for an infant carrier before they're anywhere close that heavy. Such a waste of money to crash test for that. (Nope, not even for short and heavy babies, no baby is going to hit 35lbs before...
Janelle-16 months, she was around somewhere around 15ish lbs (she was 17lbs at 1 and 15lbs at 18 months), we moved her to a rear facing roundabout at that point cause she would scream any time she was in the car, we think she just hated the angle of the infant seat. She stayed rear facing in her roundabout till past 3 1/2 years old. Kincaid-4 months old...he was 17lbs and around 28" long and he is all torso, so he outgrew it by height then, he moved to a rear facing...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smidge I worry about your dd being so small with no 5-pt harness, but of course you're the only one who truly knows your situation That would be my issue, I see no reason why a mature enough and big enough 5 year old shouldn't be in a booster, but I don't think a 36lb kid, at any age, should be...everything I've read/been told/seen says 40lbs and up for using a booster seat.
Janelle was born at 34 weeks, she was in the nicu for only a few hours, from about 6 hours after birth till about 9 hours after birth, her only complications were fluid retention, needing her lungs suctioned/stomach pumped from swallowing too much stuff at birth (this was done cause she was refusing to swallow anything, all though she could suck), figuring out the suck, swallow, breath thing and maintaining body temperature. They kept us both in the hospital for a few...
My 34 weeker got teeth the quickest, she got her first at 12 weeks then not another one till 10 months, but then had them all except 1 and 2 year molars by the time she was a year old. My 36w, 38w and 39w boys all had 1 tooth at 1 year old, and only about 4 teeth by 18 months(well, River isn't 18 months yet!)...Kincaid, 39w, didn't get his last 2 year molar till 4 years 9months old, and Travis, 38w, still has 2 he needs to get at almost 3. I think some kids are just...
Janelle, born at 34 weeks, has asthma. But, Travis, 38w, has a diagnosis of RAD and if it isn't gone by 5 he will also be diagnosed with asthma, and River, 36w, has needed neb treatments with a few illnesses already, and most likely will also end up with the RAD diagnosis. Kincaid, 39w, also had RAD, but outgrew it before 2. I have asthma, dh has asthma, my brother had asthma as a kid...it was kinda a given here that at least 1 if not all of them would be asthmatic... ...
Usually birth weight, however Our doctors use weight at 12 hours for Janelle, born around 34 weeks, it wasn't her absolute lowest, but due to swelling and fluid retention bad enough that she needed diuretics they don't consider her birth weight to be accurate, so they go by 4lbs 8ounces (she was 5lbs 9ounces at birth). I go by 5lbs 9ounces though, that's what I have pictures of the scale saying and everything.... For River, who was born at 36 weeks, no one knows his...