or Connect

Posts by Cinder

Janelle was born at 34 weeks at 5lbs 9ounces (then since it was 56 hours of fluids and pitocin and she needed diuretics she lost 17ounces in her first 12 hours, making her 4lbs 8ounces, which is what all doctors use for her actual birth weight...just not what I use). We were told as soon as she reached 7lbs we could treat her like a normal newborn as far as bringing her out in public, putting her in daycares or mommy and me classes, no longer waking her to feed, that sort...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lilypie32 May I ask why your child is not in ESE prek through the school system? You could get your ped write up a letter stating why your child needs it and give it to the ESE supervisor. My son started at age 3 and has been in the program for 3 years. He goes to kindergarten this next school year. In his ESE placement he goes to school FT M-F 8 am to 3 pm. He was basically nonverbal when he started school and now talks...
I've never met anyone who had them removed for no reason. My DH had his removed at 21 due to impaction and severe headaches and they thought that might be the cause (it worked, so they must of been right)... I was SUPPOSED to get mine out at 14, 18, 25...but I'm a wimp and canceled it all 3 times. The reason being over crowding...and, yea, I bite my cheeks while eating at least once a day since there isn't enough room in my mouth for all my teeth, and all my...
I have no issue selling my seats that I know are still safe...I wouldn't buy one since I don't know what has happened to it, but I'll sell mine. But, we gave Janelle's boulevard to one of my best friends for her then 1 year old (cause it was an extremely girly pattern...and I couldn't forsee River wanting to ever use it), our old infant carriers I threw away. River is still in his, but I'll toss his to when he outgrows it... All 4 of my kids were pukers...those seats...
Quote: Originally Posted by Proud2BeAnAmerican Our seven-year-old and our nine-year-old are both in booster seats. I was so happy when our Dr. told the kids at their last appointment that they should expect to need a booster until they are at least 10! I'm so happy when our ped backs us up! She told Janelle she needed to still be harnessed back at 6 when she was 34lbs, and she told her this year at 42lbs that she should probably still stay...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommy2maya just curious what the tonsil connection was? My ds is getting his tonsils/adenoids out in June, and by far my shortest for age child- his sister who is 2y8m younger is close to the same height- shorter by about 2in. Wonder if he will sprout up after getting them out? She got her tonsils out due to severe obstructive sleep apnea. Basically, though your body still makes growth hormones, it does not release...
Quote: Originally Posted by KGB If I have a daughter, I will wait until she wants her ears pierced and she is at an age where she's brave enough to sit through the procedure. I see it as a right of passage. Something that she and her mother can share when she's old enough. I don't want to take that away from her because I wanted her to look like a doll when she was a baby. At 2.5 years old Janelle's only reaction to getting her ears pierced...
Guys definitely can get UTI's, though, the 3 times I've personally known a guy to get a UTI there was something more serious going on that the UTI was the first sign of, it really is uncommon for a healthy male to get a UTI.
Quote: Originally Posted by nia82 First: I hope your little one is well again or on the way of recovery. Wow I'd be livid and write a huge letter of complaint! Especially pointing out that this nurse is aware of the recommendations to leave foreskins alone... Is your ped affiliated with that hospital? In that case he/she should especially do something about that nurse and intact education in general. I'm so sorry! Well, and, me being German, I 'd love...
We went through all of the tests with Janelle when she was 3 (3 years old, 21lbs, just below 30" tall...which looks to be wear Travis will be as well in 3 months since he is 19lbs and around 27"-28" right now)...her HGH was normal, they said we could still try growth hormone, sometimes it works even if there is no reason for the growth delay, but it was like a 10% chance of it working, so we decided no, we didn't want to try it. We did end up during the same round of...