or Connect

Posts by QueenSheba'sMom

Thanks for the updates! I love her attitude :)
It may sound to you like an obvious thing to change, but by this point in the week I am thoroughly and totally exhausted, and the weekends are especially difficult because I have to juggle massive amounts of homework, all of the housework that has piled up during the week, extra time and attention with my kids (which I really look forward to), etc etc etc. Once I wake up, I won't get back to sleep until late at night. I work split shifts with my husband and don't have...
That link really is very moving! Thanks for sharing!!   I;m trying to wrap my head around these responses, because I feel like I am connecting with my kids. I feel like we are very close, and we do have a lot of overlap in our interests. With anyone, you try to find your common ground and occupy that. I feel like that is what we do. So the music, movie, tv and foods that we eat together may not be what I would choose on my own or what they would choose on their own,...
I really appreciate all of this feedback and all of this great discussion! Our situation is a bit out of the ordinary, with two parents working full time, often opposing schedules, and one parent also in a rigorous graduate degree program. We drop te girls off in the morning between 7-8 a.m, at a before-care program. They take the bus from there to school and then back there at the end of the day. We pick them up around 6:30, and then we barely have time for cooking...
It sounds like you're making the right decision, and approaching it in a very well prepared way. It's such a difficult choice to make and a rough path to follow. Best of luck to you!
That makes a lot of sense. I really like your suggestion to try to be balanced at home, not to make the home balance the outside world. That's a nice way of thinking about it.   We do have a wii, and they did just start doing Just Dance. That's a fab idea!! Thank you!
Things have probably changed a bit since my day, but I also had this surgery in 6th grade, and then the 2nd part in 8th grade (it was a little different- staples instead of pins, staples had to be removed, ...)   I was very active and athletic before the surgery, but the surgery and its' complications kept me sidelined for long enough that I grew up thinking that sports weren't really my bag.   The kids didn't really tease me much for my feet or for the surgery...
Hi all,   I haven't posted here in a while, but it was such a source of sanity when my kids were younger!   Some of my frustration has to do with the amount of time I spend away from my kids and the lack of control that goes along with that. I work full time out of the home and am in my final year of a masters program, so I don't spend as much time with them as I wish I could.   When we spend time together, we do mostly active things; hiking, rowing,...
Wow, I'm really glad I read this. I've been a big fan of the gap bras- plain cotton, simple, not curling, ... And freaked out by the padded ones. But it really makes sense that the padding would offer extra protection and padding.   Thanks!
My dd is 9, and I feel like we're repeating the 2's again in some ways. Most of the time she is still so sweet and fun and wonderful, but she's also increasingly emotional for no identifiable reason. I'm getting more "pushback" than I ever remember. I try to take my kids out on fun adventures, and she seems to be dragging her feet and lingering behind with a scowl now. She says some things just to get a rise, and she seems frustrated with herself. She's so young to be...