or Connect

Posts by goodygumdrops

Hi August, welcome!   I am starting my second semester!  Made it through the first with 2 B's and 1 A.  I would say that the content is not difficult, its the amount of work that needs to be done.     This semester is going to be much more difficult.  I have Med/Surg 1, Psych, and Research.  I'm going to start studying asap.     Hope you all are doing well!  Including this semester, I have 3 more to go!
Thanks!  Really appreciate the feedback.  It helps to know what to expect from a 1st grader.  I didn't realize that homework should be limited to 10-15 minutes per night.  I think part of the problem is that my son gets easily distracted and it takes him much longer to finish something that might take another child less time.  On Mondays, he has to write 10 spanish words 5 times, and 10 english words 5 times.  On Tuesday, he has to write 3 spanish sentences 3 times each...
Thanks for the feedback everyone!  I really appreciate the encouragement and kind words.     Grumpybear - Wouldn't that be nice if we lived in a world where that was possible.  I even asked the school counselor if there were any resources for kids that might have adhd and apparently, in this school district there aren't.   Drewbie - See thats the thing…there isn't any way I can cut my credit hours back.  When your in school for nursing, you don't get to choose what you...
Thanks Loveandgarbage,   I really needed to hear/read that tonight.  I struggle so much with guilt about living away from family and I just didn't need to hear this from my son's teacher.  Errr.  Your completely right about not letting her bring me down!!!  
Tell me if this would bother you...   My son is 6 years old and is in public school.  He's in the first grade, doing a bilingual program with half english and half spanish.  I placed him in Montessori from 2.5 year to kindy and then moved him to public school cause of the bilingual program.  When he started out, he struggled a bit and then things got better. He ended the school year passing everything fine.  Well, were now about 3 months into 1st grade and he's been...
Thanks ;)  Let me update you on my progress.  So, there are about 50 students in my class.  We are taking 3 classes, Fundamentals, Pharmacology/Dosage and Calc/and Health Assessment.  We have 5 professors in the three courses.  Our program is pretty welcoming to a variety of students, our first week they let us choose our clinical times...The earliest time I have to be at clinical is 9AM the first semester.  I've taken 2 exams in Fundamentals.  I got a 66 on the first and...
Hi   I started my first semester of nursing school last week!!!!  I am a single mom to a 6 year old and I have no family support at all.  I am lucky because I get child support and I am able to pay a babysitter to watch my son a few times a week while I work.  I have been assigned 17 ch of reading this first week only.  Lucky,  I have no social life so I won't miss that but it is kinda intimidating.  I feel blessed to be in the program and feel I made the right...
Thanks for the response!!!  I am going to go with the one bedroom.  I went and put an application into a wonderful little apartment today.  Now I need to downsize dramatically!!!  
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1380308/nursing-student-fall-2013-questions-regarding-downsizing     Please check out my poll!!!!!       Gracias
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1380308/nursing-student-fall-2013-questions-regarding-downsizing     Please check out my poll!!!!     Gracias