or Connect

Posts by goodygumdrops

I agree!!!    
Seriously, I need help.  I have actually been thinking I should see a therapist about my habits.  I have not been taking care of myself for a while now.  My marriage fell apart and I was super busy trying to raise my son and get through my MA program...which I finally finished last month.    So, yesterday I was on tv...I was interviewed for a local news channel and I just realized from seeing myself on tv how much weight I have gained.  I am about 165 and I should be...
I totally support this bill!!!  Good job California!
The best way of increasing your milk supply is by removing milk from your breast.  Breastfeeding only once a day is not enough to build a supply.  We usually recommend that a mom pump every two hours during the day and every four hours at night if you are not going to be nursing.  It's really important that you pump during day and the night on a consistent schedule.    OP, I could be wrong but it seems like you are a little ambivalent about breastfeeding your...
So cute!!!!  Congrats Mom!
 I would also make sure to see an IBCLC.  Again, I agree with PatioGardener! 
Thanks Night Nurse.    Let me see...  Well, I would love to get some recommendations for areas to live, schools districts etc.  My son is in Montessori and I would like to keep him in the same kind of program but if there is an stellar school district in the area, I would also consider this.   I will not likely buy a house in the area because I don't plan on staying longer than two years.  I am going to be applying for a PhD program and I hope to get in a year or...
Hi fellow MDCers,   I have a job interview in Irving, TX this coming Friday.  Actually, it's a telephone interview as I live 10 hours away so I am curious if anyone can tell what it is like to live in that area.  I will certainly visit before I decide for certain but any info helps.    A little about me, I am soon to be divorced with a four year old son.  My job will be as a maternal child health professional.  I'm assuming Dallas isn't very crunchy but I just...
To me, this looks like normal baby acne called milia.  You could put some breast milk on it and it will go away eventually.  In the upper portion of the top photo, your babes skin is a little reddish which to me looks a little bit like eczema but I cant tell if it's just a reflection.  I would certainly speak with your doctor if your concerned. 
I am also an almost Lactation Consultant (sit the exam in three weeks) and yes, it sounds perfectly normal to me.  I'm sure it's hard to see your little one have a sore tush but just keep using that zinc cream to prevent the rash from returning.  Hugs...