or Connect

Posts by goodygumdrops

Formula is definitely not the answer.  It is pretty normal for babes to poop a ton when their that age.  I would tackle the diaper rash by using a skin barrier with zinc at every diaper change.  On the contrary, I would also let her have a lot of diaper free time...just lay her on an absorbent cloth diaper and if she goes you can just change the cloth she's lying on.  If the rash is on her vulva and looks really shiny and red, she may have a possible yeast infection.  I...
very cool...
I love GoT....the last episode was awesome in the end.  Don't want to spoil it. 
Every mama is different and it's virtually impossible to give accurate advice without seeing you and your babe but I can tell you what I suggest reading your question.  I personally think the cross cradle position is an excellent position for beginning mothers because it really helps offer an ability to really manipulate your breast and bring your baby into you so you can work on getting a deep latch.  Just from what you described, I would suggest being a bit more firm...
  I agree with PatioGardener as usual!!!
Wow.  Good for you!!!  It's awesome that you were able to stick it out and get to the root of your issue.  With time, the pain may eventually lessen...it's likely your babe is used to nursing a certain way and it might take a bit of correcting to help deal teach her/him to not pinch your nipple.    You deserve an award!!! 
I picked other.   I like a combo of the two.  I do enjoy that Mothering is a forum that supports alternative lifestyle/parenting styles etc but I feel like in doing so it may tend to ostracize members that choose to live a more mainstream lifestyle.  I have often been offended by the "end all" parenting ideologies that are some members push down the throats of new posters...but I think that may just be a consequence of a anonymous format of an online forum. ...

Thanks for the advice from both of you...I"m going to mull this over for a couple of days.  I realize this is a huge commitment.
First of all, I just have to vent that I am beginning to get frustrated with the new MDC.  I don't like all these ads and such...errrr.  The interface doesn't seem as user friendly...don't like it.   Rant over.   Anyways, I'm at the beginning stages of contemplation regarding whether or not I should pursue a Phd or DrPH in Maternal Child Health.  I am finishing up my MA in Health/Lactation Consulting and I am going to be sitting for the IBLCE this coming July.  I...