or Connect

Posts by goodygumdrops

I've been there.  It's not fun!   I know it's hard to realize when your in the thick of it but one day you will get through this mama.  It helped me to do some reading on postpartum anxiety disorders.  I also ended up taking meds, which helped tremendously.    Hugs, mama
Hi Shannon, I am here in El Paso.  If you have any questions send me a PM.  I would love to get together when you get here.  I've been here since August and I really enjoy it but I am a hopeless optimistic ;)    Amy
Anybody attend Marie Biancuzzo's test prep?  I'm here in MD and I just finished the three day course.  It's was decent.  Lots of prep prior though...
I spent two weeks in Italy a couple of years ago.  We did a week in Florence and a week in Rome.  If I was in your shoes, I would spend as much time in Florence...it's an incredibly beautiful city.  I recommend Orto de Medici, I think that's the name of the hotel we stayed.  Also a trip on the bus up to Feisole is amazing.  It's just a half a day ride up into the hills, the food is amazing and.when we were there we could hear the nuns singing from the convent.    So...
  I have been sitting here trying to figure out how to respond to your post so I will respond as gently as possible.  While I understand that there are many people that become very passionate about their interests (ie, breastfeeding, nutrition, etc)  I really believe that actions like the one your describing actually really hurt the lactivist cause.  By not feeding her baby, you are ostracizing this woman, who is your SIL.  Why would you want to do that?  It doesn't...
I am wondering about this report.  I have just moved from Florida and it is really hard to find work in both the areas that they indicated.  Although, Ft. Myers and Port St. Lucie both had a HUGE housing bust so homebuying is extremely affordable in those areas.  My father purchased a home in Port St. Lucie for 65k, huge house with a giant yard in a great neighborhood...
Congrats...she's adorable  
Yes, I have anxiety that comes and goes.  I'm on meds though and I still get break through anxiety.  Most if it is likely situational though...as I am in the last few weeks of my masters degree, my anxiety has gone through the roof.  Also, I got my period full force today so I am likely having some hormonal fluctuations.  I think I'll finally check out the mood cure when I'm done with my degree....
I have a Nook Color.  LOVE IT!!!!  I check out library books at least once a week.  I actually haven't purchased a book in over a month.  However, my library system isn't the greatest, so I am mostly reading fluffy romance novels...which is perfect for me because I'm about the finish my MA and I need a little distraction ;)  To much academic reading.    Anyways, you can get loads of books.  I highly recommend it.