or Connect

Posts by goodygumdrops

I haven't read the other responses but I am just to reply to this post specifically.  I am 34 and I started college in 94.  I finished my first degree in 2006 in Humanities.  I waited until my last two semesters to take my two dreaded courses, math and language(spanish).  I ended up getting A's in everything.  I decided that I just had to do whatever it took to pass those classes.  Every class, I would rewrite my notes immediately after class and I would do my homework...
Hi!!! I'm at Union right now.  I'm about to finish my thesis and I will sit for the board exam this July.  I have enjoyed the program.  The instructors are all wonderful and I definitely recommend the program.  I completely agree with everything that Peony says about pay and job searching.  I intend to finish my MA and then complete an accelerated nursing program to get the RN degree. While you may not see yourself working as an RN, once you have the degree, you can do...
I think your sister was totally inappropriate and I do not think that you need to apologize.  She clearly has issues and she should apologize to you. 
Congrads....I'm applying for nursing school this fall.  I bet you feel a HUGE relief
I was in labor with my son for 36 hours.  At 17 hours, I was having back to back contractions, very painful contractions.  Midwives checked me and I was only 3 cm.  I asked to be transferred because I was exhausted.  Got to hospital and found tons of dark meconium  in my pad.  Next, I got epidural and pit and ended up taking another 15 hours or so do dilate to 10 cm.  Then I pushed for 2-3 hours and my son would not descend.  I basically was so exhausted that I was right...
sooo cute!  love the pics
I just had a iud put in and it would have been 1000. without insurance.  Seems like 2500 would be reasonable considering the level of care.  However, if you had a hospital birth, I would see if they could work something out since you likely already paid some amount
My son will be 4 in Feb and he's been doing this for months.  Mostly to his dad...we always tell him that his words are hurtful.  Sometimes if I'm grouchy, I'll tell him "good, I not your friend, I'm your mom"...  
I am doing Pathway 2 through Union Institute and University.  Dr Karin Cadwell is my chair, through Healthy Children, Center for Breastfeeding.  If you have any specific questions, let me know.  One thing that I would recommend is to consider getting your nursing degree first.  While there are a lot of jobs for RN/IBCLC's, there aren't nearly as many for only IBCLC's.  While this may be changing, ultimately, you'll end up with better income and job security by doing...
Congrads...your little one is adorable.