or Connect

Posts by goodygumdrops

This title cracks me up!!
Thanks for the replies. I am going to finish putting together our debt snowball this week. I think I feel a lot guilty being a sahm when we have so much debt...like it's a privilege so I should just go back to work. It's definitely going to take 2-3 years of hard work to pay off our debt. Anarkissed mama - I have to agree with the pp's. I have a tendency to spend beyond my means, going on trips, restaurants with friends,etc After reading TMMO, I realize that my...
Ok so I have some questions... I still haven't done our debt snowball chart yet. My hubby and I are living on separete coasts right now and it's been hard to do it over the phone... however, we have a plan to do it early next week. So, my husband is working two jobs right now. M-F 7 -3:30 and then 5 days a week working 4-10 weeknights and then 8 hours on the weekends. So, he's almost working two full jobs. We just moved across country to be closer to family. ...
Our is 426.00. I think this is pretty much what we spend...however, we're not being particularly thrifty. Alot of organics and name brand stuff. We're going on DR plan so we're going to try and cut that in half with couponing, very limited organics, and no name brands.
Hi everyone, : So we're going to start Daves TMMO. We are in some serious debt and we don't even have a house. I have loads of student loans and we recently purchased a used car so we have a car payment now. I have been lurking F&F for a while now and I think we're ready to make the commitment. I am almost done reading his book and we've agreed to start on step 1. Once I figure out our budget and our total debt, I'll post it soon. BS1 - 0/$1000 I plan on...
My husband flushed his phone down the toilet at work. It fell out of his pocket right when he flushed the toilet and it was gone. They had to call in a plumber later that week to get it out because the toilet kept over flowing.....OOOPs.
Wow Embee, What a beautiful post. My marriage is on the rocks right now and it's pretty scary. It's good to hear someone has gone through this and come out the other side still together. I don't want a divorce but something has to change...that's for sure. Anyway, I have been following this thread because I'm also a sahm with marital issues. To the op, I hope things get better with you and your husband soon.
If it was Hib, there would be an elevated fever and if you had him put his chin to his chest it would hurt. The neck area is painful and stiff with meningitis. As for pneomenccocal (sp?) I believe that the majority of the cases are otitis media, which is an ear infection. You would see elevated temperature and painful ears...he would be crying a lot and tugging at his ears. If he's not, and he had it, most likely the ear infection would resolve on it's own. If it...
Personally, I think it sounds like a nasty cold. My son has had several of them. I usually put a pillow under one side of his crib to help elevate one side so he's able to breath a little better. If you cosleep you might try having him sleep elevated on a pillow. I gave him lots of steamy showers to help unclog his congestion and warm teas. If he is having a low fever, I would just keep an eye on it. It really doesn't sound like hib or pneomencoccal. I think your...
I think a lot of Montessori programs start between 18 -24 months. From what I understand, in the Montessori approach, the younger years are the formative years so the earlier the better. My son is almost 2 years old and I am considering putting him in a Montessori program.