or Connect

Posts by heartmama

Lots of supervision and extra attention and cuddles. This is totally normal and getting punitive won't eliminate the behavior. Keep an eye on him near the baby, give him lots of positive instruction on what he CAN do (instead of just saying 'don't' near the baby) and also lots of cuddles.
You could try picking up with him. Or he may need more positive when/then guidance too? You could also time your request so that it is more likely to be accepted--just until you get him in the habit of not freaking out and ignoring you. Instead of pick up happening right when he makes the mess, you could have a pick up time at a specific hour of the day--just some ideas!
Good for you!!
I just want to disagree with the statements that imply intent does not matter, rules are rules. This is definitely not the way the real world works. Intent is very important in a legal sense. Whether or not you INTENDED to do x absolutely may impact the consequences you face.
You can google gender online and sex the cat pretty easily if it is an adult. I don't think it is THAT difficult, unless you are dealing with a young kitten. There IS a difference, just google it until you feel you can tell the pics apart and then take a look under the hood of your cat friend.   As far as the fur--use a Furminator brush. It WILL get out the excess fur and fleas. It is expensive, about 20 or 30 dollars, and worth EVERY penny.   As far as the leash...
My advice if you keep them outside is in line with the previous post--they need a large enclosed and very well build play area with a separate sleep "hutch" and you need to get at LEAST two rabbits--the ideal would be a pair of female siblings or a neutered male/female bonded pair that the shelter already matched up. Rabbits are just so much happier with a 'buddy' and are LESS work in pairs, not more (I know this runs counter to logic but trust me, two bunnies are just...
This sounds a bit obvious, but after years of reading the indoor/outdoor cat debates I finally just started taking my cats outside into the fenced yard for supervised hour long play times each evening. It kind of meant a paradigm shift in thinking about them as cats. If I had a dog I'd have to walk it for an hour a day. I never considered devoting the same amount of time to the cats. Most cats don't enjoy being leashed, and though mine have leashes, it isn't fun for...
I've known 3 ferals that all became happy indoor only cats. Far from being miserable they seem so blissed out to finally have food, warmth, and comfort they hardly ever ask to go outdoors--and they went to 3 different homes. And these cats were never anywhere NEAR as chilled with people as your cat is already! These cats warmed up to people but to this day run and hide if they sense anyone new on the property.   My point is that I think you are worrying to much. Take...
If she wants to adopt him I'd let her. Better for the dog, better for everyone involved. Other than sadness over seeing him go, I don't really see the dilemma here. The dog is clearly happier in a child-free home.
I would make therapy your priority right now. You really sound overwhelmed by both your living situation but especially your own health issues.   Although it is very hard to parent effectively in the grip of mental health issues (I know from experience) the most important thing to do is create hard and fast rules for yourself. Things that helped me were:   1) It is not my child's job to help me feel calm and in control. I am the adult. It is my job to maintain...