or Connect

Posts by First Time Mama

I feel for you! I am struggling with some similar behaviors in my three and a half year old. The difference is that my son is quite a bit older and very verbal. But we are definitely going through a rough time. We also have a new baby in the house. I can relate to feeling like an awful mom and to feeling embarrased that my child won't listen to me. I just wrote a thread on this "Please Help Me Like My Three Year Old, and got some helpful responses, I hope to try some...
 Thanks for the replies. I think I need to get stricter and much more consistent. Sometimes the messes aren't toys, though, he just deliberately knocks stuff off of surfaces, starts grabbing laundry that I am folding and throwing it, gets into babie's clothes and makes a mess. I have been trying to then get him to clean it up as a consequence, but usually he refuses and states he won't at first, and then after we sit there a while, and he isn't allowed to do anything...
 My 3 and a half year old son is being such a challenge. Let me preface by saying that I just had a new baby 2 months ago, so I know the adjustment to not being the only child anymore is probably part of this. But seriously he is so difficult every single day. We have had some discipline issues for a while, even before the baby was born, but they have gotten worse. I think it's partly my fault, as I didn't really nip the behavior in the bud, but I didn't know what to do....
 Congratulations on your baby boy! I am sorry that it wasn't the birth you wanted, but glad that you seem pretty at peace with it. I admire the strength and courage you have to try another VBAC in the future.
 Thank you for sharing  your story. Congrats on your VBAC and your little girl! I agree, I also just had a VBAC 7 weeks ago, and it is a world of difference in how I feel compared to how I felt after my c section. I feel I gave birth this time.
 Thanks for your reply. I had a rough night with the kids, DH was out late, and my toddler was being really difficult and I ended up yelling because I felt so stressed. I know that does nothing to improve his behavior, and I hate doing it. He is really frustrating me lately.  The baby was fussing and crying at the same time, and I find that when both of them need me at the same time I am really overwhelmed. My VBAC was MUCH MUCH better than my c/s and I'm trying to feel...
 I am so glad that you are content with your birth experience and feel healed. I think that is the most important thing, wheather it ends in a VBAC or a CBAC.  Enjoy your new baby girl! Congrats!
I gave birth to my second son 7 weeks ago and I have been feeling up and down emotionally. Sometimes I feel pretty good and happy and like I can handle having two kids, and sometimes I am just overwhelmed. I have noticed that my mental state is greatly improved when I get out of the house and/or have some social contact, even just for a little while. I had two weeks or so, where I did nothing but stay home, and was definitely feeling down. But in general, I have just...
 I'll be thinking of you! I hope I get to read your VBAC story on these boards in the next couple of days!
The Birth of Julian: My Triumphant VBAC   I started my second pregnancy with a lot of fear and anxiety. I so badly wanted to make this birth experience different than my last one, which had been a c-section that left me devastated and hurting on my levels. I needed a lot of reassurance from my midwives throughout my pregnancy, as it progressed I slowly started to regain faith that my body could do this, and that it would be different than last time, although at times...