or Connect

Posts by riboflavin

I EC'd in the winter with my DS in a chilly house too. I liked babylegs and used them a lot, however sometime the exposed upper thigh seemed a bit too chilly. I used split crotch pants for those really cold days. You can buy super cute pairs, or even make them yourself. If you don't' sew you can even just cut along the seam of some pants you don't love. I often put the trainer, drop flap trainer, or diaper on top of the split pants. At home I also often used baby leg...
I hope it is okay to answer this since in full disclosure, I made them! But I didn't not want to be rude and not answer! You can see my siggy. Also other EC shops like EC Wear and other baby and diaper shops sell them.
Maybe try wool or fleece split crotch pants (they will repel liquid) with drop flap trainers. I had a boy and I used this clothing style. I also used gowns for him with baby legs. Try using a little potty when possible. Good luck! I had a sprayer so I can relate!
We never brought a potty with us, unless going on a long road trip. I hated carrying a lot of stuff, so I would use a backpack or small bag and have a plastic grocery bag in it. That way if I ever had to potty him outside, I could place the bag under his bum while doing the classic EC hold in case he had any poo accidentally come out. So it would just catch that. But usually we would just use a bathroom like anyone else!
When I had my second child my first child was 4 years old. He hadn't had an accident since he was 2.5 years old, yet when the new baby came home he pooped in his bed! Quite a shocker for us. It didn't last long at all, luckily. But I have heard it is quite common for older siblings to start having accidents when a new baby comes around.    Hopefully it will pass soon, but maybe in the meantime try to make where he goes potty a little different or exciting? Maybe he...
My kids really liked the Once Upon a Potty video. It's a bunch of kids singing about going on a potty with video clips of them happily singing on the potty. Sounds silly, but it's a pretty catchy tune and kids seem to love it! Maybe just putting it on in the background? Or maybe try to get one of those little urinals that attach to the side of the potty so he can try standing and going himself. It hangs lower than the toilet, so he may be more inclined to try that? My...
This article is from Science Daily and is about a study of Vietnamese Babies who were out of diapers by 9 months :)  
Hmm, what about giving her a wet sponge to play with or holding a little bowl of water by her hands and see if she plays with that instead? Worth a shot I guess! If it doesn't work and is driving you crazy, maybe you could get a seat to place on top of the toilet so she can go on there. No way she can reach the 'contents' then! Also, you don't have to clean a little potty that way.
Yay! Glad you got the hold down! The BBLP is discontinued. I believe EC Store still has a few left in pink though. I can't personally recommend any little potty because the one I used (the BabyWunder clear potty) was also discontinued! But it looks like the Ikea potty is really cheap, and I have also seen people online say good things about the bumbo potty and the babybjorn smart potty IIRC.   Besides our BabyWunder potty, we also used a small seat that attached to...
I started using training pants at about 6 weeks old, so for sure you can start using them. Some people prefer to wait and some people never use them, but many people like them for their convenience. There are many different styles, and most work well for what they were designed for. I'll list some of the styles I can think of, but if I miss any I am sure someone will chime in.   First off all, there are cloth waterproof trainers and non-waterproof trainers. The...