or Connect

Posts by 4EyedStepMomster

Sue, that info was the type of thing I was looking for. It didn't give me a lot that I haven't already been doing, but it has told me that maybe I'm actually doing something right. That in itself is a good thing to know. It adds some hope to a situation that sometimes seems hopeless.
First I want to thank you guys for the great advice! I have actually suggested family counseling with Mom present (and Mom's BF too), but I think I'm the only one interested in it. Well, DSD would be cool with it, but the males in my family are deffinately not. And as far as Mom goes, she went through the roof. I already try to stay super positive about their Mom (Even after the period of time when I had to get a protective order against her because she was threatening...
Matthew (10) was the type of kid who would literally drule in front of the TV for hours if given the chance. Glassy stare, comunication with others consited of grunts or no response at all, slack face and everything! Our solution? What TV? We just don't have it in the house. Now, he's reading through college level. He started watching a lot of TV when he was still a baby, and I think that has a lot to do with his "addiction". What I do with our 2 year old when he...
With 4 children in my home (10, 9, 2, 2 1/2 months) sleep is kind of like a luxury. If it's not one, it's another... Orion, 2 has been the "worst" sleeper. He used to be up every hour or two for feedings, didn't sleep through a single night 'till 16 months, and only sleeps through once or twice a week right now. He is getting better about going back to sleep. YAY!! It's all part of the adventure, right?!
I'm the mother of 2 beautiful babies, and Step Mom to 2 awesome kids. My problem is that Mom is very jealous and afraid that she is being "replaced". My husband and I have custody of both kids (Mom is a "Cool Mommy", but doesn't do the responsibility thing very well) and they visit Mom every other weekend (unless she has other plans). The kids love their mother, but they love me, too. Their mother's anger and (this is harsh but true) hatred toward me is very hard on...