or Connect

Posts by Carla

I'm so grateful for all of your replies! What great advice and perspectives! My husband and I just read all your posts and had a great discussion about all your suggestions. No decision of course, we will definitely wait and see how their little personalities develop, but this has opened up interesting dialogue for us to consider. My father is visiting - he justed walked in the room and I explained the dilema I had posted. He looked at my sweet little Cassidy...
Many teachers I've talked to say typically the kids who have the most problems in their classes are the boys who have late birthdays or are younger than everyone else. I don't have any interest in debating that subject, it's just what I've been told. Anyway, my oldest ds has a late birthday and we will start him in school "late". Fast forward to my second ds. His birthday is in May, which I've never considered a late birthday but was surprised to find I still got...
My son just had surgury in Jan 03 to remove a cyst also. It was growing in his underarm area though. I'm wondering if our children are suffering from the same disorder because mostly it effects the face. He had a cystic hydroma or lymphangioma. Anyway, he had a successful outcome (it was done at U of Michigan). You've had great advice here, nothing I can add. Just wanted to tell you to hang in there and think positive.
I also used Super Baby Food to learn about making baby food. It's crammed with info, so a little overwhelming, but anything you want to know, it's in there. I'm going on #3 and have made food starting with my first. It's sooooo easy and way more convenient/less expensive/faster than putting your kid/kids in the car, going to the store and buying. Once you get good at it, you can make a ton of food in one afternoon that will last a long time. Not to mention,...
Hugs and prayers to you. To my knowledge, the treatment of cervical cancer is hugely successful and it has been thrown around recent newspapers and mainstream newshows that they have the "cure". I have no other reference than that, but it is encouraging. My mother died from cervical cancer but she was undiagnosed for 10 YEARS (took her awhile to follow up on that abnormal pap) and she still was considered cancer free after 2 years of "mild" treatment. The only...
Kirsten we posted at the same time I completely felt guilty about having #2 when I was pregnant. I agree with Baudilaire about this: Quote: I cannot imagine loving a child any more than I already love my dd: my heart would explode Just not this: Quote: we love our little girl like crazy. Either we would love a sibling more, or we would love a sibling less (yeah, yeah, I've heard the 'You'll love them each equally for who they...
Here I go again going slightly off topic, but I feel a need to respond to this since I brought up the caretaking issue: Quote: I have seen far more situations (personally and professionally) where one person is the designated caretaker in the family, no matter how many siblings there are, than of siblings evenly sharing responsibilities. I absolutely agree this is almost always the case. However, it doesn't have to be evenly shared to still be...
WHOA!! Not trying to turn this into a debate, but I have to respectfully disagree 1000% with you Baudelaire. I absolutely love both my children tons and tons, not one more than the other! I'm sure moms of more than one will agree with me (I HOPE!!). It's wonderful you love your little dd so much that you can't imagine loving another but that doesn't mean you wouldn't. It's not as simple as "..either you love a sibling more, or you love them less...". I will admit I...
I'll be in the minority with Kirsten I'm an only child, never had a problem with it. However my Mom became terminally ill and I took care of her all by myself (parents divorced)for 7 months while I was pregnant (She died 3 weeks before my baby came). Worse, I lived in Colorado at the time, she in Michigan so I was away from my husband for our first pregnancy. I would do it again in a heartbeat, but if I had a sibling, there would have been a chance that I'd have...
My son loves Jay Jay too. Doesn't have the cute names for them yet though We have looooooong winters so I have to do a little tv or insanity sets in. I think it's a great cartoon, plus we can get all the videos from our church library. All in all, I think there are great tv shows for little ones, it's just the 'how much' that we have to control. Spring is here though! Spent all day outside at the playground. Putting Jay Jay away till November