or Connect

Posts by aiea

Much appreciated salr :)  I am absorbing like a sponge... I've been reading for about 4 months now, watching YouTube training videos and talking to friends (one family who trains seeing-eye dogs in particular).   We want an Australian shepherd because we have a large yard (1.5 acres) with three hens now, and plan for 2-3 sheep in the next 6 months to a year.  We want to have a dog that understands her job (protecting our animals) and can behave well indoors (and yes,...
Hello,   We are planning to get our first family dog.  My girls are now 4yo and 7yo.  We'll probably get a puppy about 3 months old.   Question: What do you do when puppy whines and cries at night?  I know very little about dogs, so I am learning (never had one as an adult).  My AP style parenting kicks in and says care for the dog if it's crying, but I know I'd be encouraging them to cry and expect me at night.   So... Do you crate your puppy at night?  Sleep with...
following...
Thanks for the input <3 I got her therapist's name last night.  I called my doula from 2009 who happened to know a doula friend in Manhattan.  Thank goodness for contacts like this.  They've found a recently certified doula willing to work for $20/hr for a temporary help the next two weeks.  I've spoken with her by phone & email and we now have a plan.  We will be up in April or May, and we'll find long-term solutions along with the doula meantime.    In case...
Hello,   I'm writing here because I don't know where else to post.  A lifelong friend of mine lives in Manhattan with four kids.  The youngest two are 4mos and 20mos.  She is suffering from PPD and recently told me just how bad it's become.   I live in Florida.  I could leave with enough notice to help her, but not on short notice.   She has recently gotten worse, sees a therapist over the phone (she is agoraphobic) and is struggling to the point her...
I meant I started the supplemental Vitamin D after seeing the lab result.  Interesting that my D was so low despite our location (super sunny Florida).   I have to say I am feeling much, much better with some new therapies, probably including the extra D.
Thanks for your reply!  We figured the HEPA air purifier was a good start too... we ordered one and it's just arrived in the mail Friday.  I have not yet tried it, because we have a mold expert coming tomorrow to check the air quality and get a baseline in our various work areas.  I don't want to make the air "better" until we get a read from him as a starting point.   I do not take any allergy meds, but I do take Vitamin D.  We had it tested along with all the other...
Hello all,   I have recently been diagnosed as sensitive to mold, and cannot seemingly remove mold biotoxins from my body due to a genetic condition.     My house is not moldy, but my workplace is.  I can work (temporarily, at least) with a HEPA mask on.   I've been looking at masks but they are all full of materials that will off-gas and make things bad or maybe worse for me.   Does anyone know of a mask that would be safe for this case?   Thanks...
I always forget about pump-and-dump... I have never successfully pumped, but I will call a friend to see if she still has hers.   Thanks for the bentonite recommendation.  The local health food store does have this, and we'll pick it up tonight.
Hi,   I sprayed Round-up a week ago in our backyard (we use it once a month, super-sparingly).  Yesterday I stepped in a spot that had been sprayed.  Didn't think anything of it until it started to tingle, ache, and get stiff.  It feels weird, and it's slowly traveled up my right leg and into my hip/back.   I want to do *something* to stop this, but I am breastfeeding.  Besides drinking a lot of water, what can I do?   So far I just washed my foot twice with...