or Connect

Posts by davi

I had the same thing going on around 33 weeks of pregnancy where I was measuring 39 weeks. In my case, the baby was mostly in a transverse or breech presentation so I wanted to get him flipped around so I started seeing a chiro for that every other day. I also upped my water intake to 4 litres a day...which for me is a LOT of water. I also used homeopathic Nat Mur which also seemed to help. I didn't want to go straight to dandelion root due to its potential overall...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnchrista Hi Connie, I bought mine about 2 years ago. It was a brand new Sonotrax and I paid $100.00 for it on ebay. It's waterproof and has a digital readout. Works fine for me! That's the same one I have thanks to Christas rec. 100.00 & works great. It does have a lot of static but once you get the hang of it, you can listen without the extra interference coming through.
No waterbirths in hospitals here sadly. Ingham will let you labor in the tub, but will have you get out to push. Sparrow has no tubs, so it's not an option there. The homebirth midwives in this area or the GBC are the only waterbirth options. I'm sorry. There are a few homebirth MW's that will work on a sliding scale fee, but if she isn't comfortable with out of hospital births, I've heard nothing but good things about UofM's CNM's if she would be willing to make...
Quote: Originally Posted by 636Jen I'm planning to attend. Thanks for the info! It'll be good to see you again!!! Hope everything is going great with you!
Quote: Originally Posted by nick&jonmom As a reminder to all of us who've had or are haivng gender disappointment: gender disappointment does not equate loving the baby any less. The 2 things are mutually exclusive. So, being sad that the babe isn't the gender we were hoping for does not mean that we will not love the baby/child to pieces. We are not monsters!! Just wanted to add that! Thank you for this. I hate even admitting to anyone...
Quote: Originally Posted by medicmama Oh and im 4 drinks in ( and I never drink) His ass better not plan on sleeping!!! Uum...i hope YOU don;t fall asleep waiting for him!
Quote: Originally Posted by medicmama Ok i'm irritated! Livi wont stay in bed and go to sleep! There is no way she is sleeping in my bed tonight! (stomps foot) I NEED TONIGHT!!!! She is killing me slowly. She has been a co-sleeper since day 1. I need my space and time with dh. I need uninterupted sleep! Any suggestions on getting her in her own bed? Benadryl? <---tossing sleep dust! also? GIDDY-UP!!!!!!!!!
Weeks/Days along: 12 weeks today Appointments: had one last week & everything is good. I'm medicated for hypertension so this is very very good for me to be "normal". Symptoms: Insomnia is kicking my butt right now. Food: Cereal. Cold cereal is about all that sounds palatable lately. Which sucks because our garden is awesome this year. Exercise: Walking the dog & chasing the other 2 kids counts right? Body changes and other milestones: My 3 y/o...
Quote: Originally Posted by Charmie981 For some disgustingly gross reason, I crave MSG when I'm pregnant, so I ate Cheetos yesterday. I try to limit myself to one MSG-loaded snack a week because when I'm not pregnant I don't eat it at all. I haven't found anything else that fulfills the craving either. I do too. I had ramen for lunch to satisfy my MSG fix.
Quote: Originally Posted by mwherbs ok now I do have to disagree here- cord stripping sounds horrible- absolutely horrible I would expect to see jaundice with cord stripping you are damaging the cord so and you are going to be damaging blood- and the other things I think about like how heart valves close -- if you leave the cord in tact and resuscitate the heart rate increases and the baby self-regulates the supply- sounds like he is still talking...