or Connect

Posts by devster4fun

Quote: Originally Posted by MissSJ Were you or are you an athlete? If so, what sport did you play? What was good about it? What was bad? What did you learn from it? When (age)/how long did you play? Do you have any health issues because of it? I posted a thread about gymnastics and there were two former gymnasts who have health issues from their involvement in gymnastics so now I am curious about what others have experienced and in a range of...
What kind of work do you do? Is it possible to wear a sling/carrier while you work? (For part of the time, at least?) I had to go back to work part-time after 8 weeks...and it sucked at first. But, you will both adjust and it's great she will be so close. Just get through the first few days and see how it goes. Sometimes my expectations and worries aren't as bad as the reality. Good luck to you.
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchsLove My 3yo loves Fleetwood Mac, Jane's Addiction, (Hearing him sing Jane Says is hysterical.) Bon Jovi, Aerosmith etc.. (I don't play "kiddie" music. Shoot me first, please.) Have you seen my wig around? I feel naked without it.
I think it sounds like a great opportunity, especially the part about bringing DD with you to school. Maybe once the "new" routine is set, she will adjust and enjoy the variety....
Quote: Originally Posted by hottmama My son loves Karate Kid and The Dark Crystal. And Muppet movies (which I can't stand-- they watch those with my partner!) When I was a little kid, my favorite movie was Pretty in Pink. I'm not so sure he'd love it. Funny you mention Pretty in Pink...I was driving yesterday and thought about that movie. I think it would be cool to re-make it, but could anyone replace Ducky? Plus, I was also thinking...
Quote: Originally Posted by tuansprincess There was one other contestant that didn't keep losing after getting kicked off. I think it was in season 2? He hated the workouts, couldn't hack 'em and got all pissy. Thus, he got voted off. His follow up interview showed him just as overweight and telling the camera that he walks everyday and that is good enuf-thank-you-very-much. Some other persn would have been a much better/more deserving...
Just curious.... I always wondered if DD will like and/or appreciate the stuff I loved as a child/teenager. Like if I show her "Karate Kid" someday, will she like it? I had a HUGE crush on Ralph Macchio. Huge. For mamas with older kids, do you show them old movies? What movies, games, music has stood the test of time? My parents listened to Fleetwood Mac in the 70's. I still like it. DD seems to respond to it too, at 19 months.
I'm drinking a Vueve Mimosa. DH bought me the champagne...and a dozen roses. Nothing special...just an awesome DH. I learned after 10+ years of marriage....he still rocks. Also....I can't wait for my package to arrive......
DH and I decided to try after the 4th of July 2005. I stopped taking the pill and I know the exact moment DD was conceived...July 23rd. Forgot to say I was feeling SO weird the week before I tested. Awful weird. I yelled at my Mom....like for the 1st time in my life. My DH took me to a fancy dinner at Ruth's Chris, I didn't want to eat. I was expecting AP August 4th and tested just for fun. I got a GIANT "pregnant" sign on 5 different tests. Yes. I'm an...
Bigtime SIRIUS fan here.... Usually on 100 or 101 for Howard Stern Also like the Grateful Dead Station, Area 33, Chill, Pure Jazz,