or Connect

Posts by laralou

Quote: Originally Posted by AngelBee Thank you mamas for the support and prayers. They are working! : Good to hear it! I had my own pulling my hair moment today.
I wish I had great words of advice, but I can only say I have been there. It is hard to focus on my part when he isn't doing what I think he should, so I just keep repeating to myself 1 Corinthians 7:17a Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. I figure that God gave me this husband and this situation for a reason and when it is hard, that it is "my cross to bear" for Him. I also just stay...
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelBee I use this as a devotional and read the chapter that goes with the day of the month. I also do this with Power of a Praying Woman and Power of a Praying Parent. I have all three books and actually copied the prayers corresponding to the days of the month and pasted them on a single page of paper for each day (numbered) and had them lamenated. That way now that I have read all three books, I can still pray...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerlowyn Hugs to you, laralou I don't have any advise, just camaraderie. I am going through something similar. My DS1 has been spending the last 2 weeks with his bio-dad. It is the longest they have spend sleeping under the same roof, ever. DS has been snarky with me whenever I talk to him on the phone. I don't think he realizes what he sounds like. I think he is both happy to be there, and unsettled by his...
Wow! Thank you so much for all the thoughtful replies. I read each and every one of them and you are all so right. It can be hard to separate my job as a parent from my feelings as a person. Anyhow, I am trying to have the distance to see that this is not about how he feels about me (except that he is secure enough with me to do it), but more about his insecurity with his biodad. He has only done this one other time and that was when he was hanging around with some...
Ds is visiting his biodad for the first time ever. This person has only seen him once to two times a year at his parents (I have let ds visit his grandparents 2x a year since he was 4) for the last 9 years. He only calls once a year on ds's birthday and attempts no other contact. I agreed to the visit only because at 13 I feel ds is old enough to look out for himself if he is uncomfortable or unhappy. Ds wanted to go because he consistantly wants biodad to be a real...
I liked it. I really liked Roxy and the surrogate too.
I did. It was sad but I liked it.
Thanks, I didn't think she was avoiding my eye, but that makes perfect sense. I clearly was trying to catch hers, so she probably thought I was going to say something rude. I love the idea of offering help. I thought of it at the time, but was thinking of helping with the child which wouldn't work because he didn't know me. It didn't even occur to me that I could help her gather what she wanted to buy. I will do that next time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Irishmommy How on earth does your grade being good affect their grade? Bell curve grading I really don't remember exactly how it works, but this is how our teacher did it: if the highest grade in the class was a B, then that score would become the A. So if they actually got a C on the test and no one got an A, they would get a B as their grade. Does that make sense? I think it was a way to keep grades from...