or Connect

Posts by laralou

Quote: Originally Posted by umsami Personally, DH and I have a joint account for household expenses and then I have a separate account. Part of it comes from the Islamic perspective that any money a woman earns is her own, but it's the husband's responsibility to provide for all of the household needs/expenses. I can't imagine not having my own money... access to it... or being at the whim of a moody husband. : Me too. Only I am not...
Absolutely 100% NO!!! And I *hate* it when people say that if it bothers me it must be true. I could give you 100 examples of things people have said about me that were in NO way true, but it still hurt nonetheless.
subscribing... can't believe I forgot about these threads!
I have been waxing myself since I was 14 (my cousin taught me), and it has always worked great. I use hot wax though, not cold wax. I use a small crockpot and a wooden spoon for applying. I only do my arms, legs and the front of my bikini area. I would never do my face or my actual labia without professional help. Now before I learned to use the crockpot, I did start a fire heating it in a boiler on the stove. My brother ended up with 3rd degree burns and was in...
Quote: Originally Posted by birthjunkie27 PS, WHAT IS UP WITH PEOPLE ALLOWING THEIR KIDS TO ROAM THE NEIGHBORHOOD?????????? My neighbor (not close by) lets her 2yo (maybe she is 3 now) roam unsupervised. I have nightmares about her and have decided to call the police if I see it again. We are getting a smaller one so we can empty it when we are not home and I am so glad to hear the "only if your parents come over" rule. That will keep every...
We've done both. Ds prefers school. He is really smart and sees the pros and cons in both, but for him school wins out. So I let him go. Do I hate it a lot? Yes. Do I appreciate the friendships he has made and the learning he has done (in particular, how to cope with suddenly having 8 different teachers with 8 different sets of expectations and assignments)? Yes I haven't decided what to do with the girls yet. I think I will homeschool them, but at some point...
My girls are 9 years younger than their brother and he dotes on them. They cry for him when they get hurt and he loves to do stuff with them. I don't think it is bad at all.
Ok, didn't mean to disappear, but things can get uncomfortable that writing about them makes me nauseated. I am now dealing with 3 different spongy problems. My mother is mad at my dh (long story, but dh is right) and I am left to deal with it. My mother has no problem putting me in the middle and dh would rather me deal with it since she is my mom (only fair). I have to call and ask her if she wants to go to the beach with us and let her know we need to know by...
Quote: Originally Posted by Meli65 I was surprised at how lousy Natasha's body looked during the runway walk, when her skirt fell off -- she handled it beautifully, but she looked kind of lumpy and not very modelesque! Look at the difference between that and her pro-choice photo (pic 2). She has put on some weight in the house.
Quote: Then a woman I have literally never seen before in my entire life started talking very loudly about something involving Halpert. She was agitated, I’d say. From what I could guess, she was definitely on drugs of some kind, perhaps cocaine, or maybe ‘drines. Also, she is a knock-out. She reminds me of a young Daphne Du Maurier. From Creed's blog here: http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/2007/05/13-week/ I cried when he asked her out and...