or Connect

Posts by bionicsquirrel

I am also late to the party, but am loving reading all the updates an seeing the pics of your wonderful babies. Iris is 11 months and 1 week today and is absolutely a joy to be with. She is 21lbs, 31" but has really tiny feet. She was born with a heart murmur that ended up being 3 small to medium size holes in her heart, but Monday is her 3rd follow up with the ped cardiologist and hopefully will give her an all clear until her 3 year follow up. She started eating at 5...
Thank you for the perspectives. I have a 10 yr old and a 6 month old, both unvaxed, so I am confident and solid in my decisions and normally wouldn't even engage those who disagree with my choices because they are my choices. Period. That being said, the "discussion" started because my friend commented about having to keep her children away from unvaxed kids because they spread disease. When I replied that it simply isn't true another friend chimed in about herd immunity...
I apologize ahead for not having the time to go through the archives. I am in an argument with a friend and family over vaccinations. One is an immunology major. Ugh. I am having trouble standing on solid ground. I need good research based links/studies that address vaccines damaging the immune system and also research that shows that herd immunity is not a good thing. Also, has anyone heard this and can you dispel it? "In contrast to the pertussis cases, in the recent US...
Parenting a new baby is a lot of work . Makes having time on the computer a lot more scarce. Baby Iris Breene Ryan was born at home and in the water on November 18th at 2:38pm. 7lbs 12oz 20 1/2" long She nurses great, is growing well and is lovely in all ways.
She is so beautiful. Congratulations on getting to finally bring her home. Here is to many wonderful milestones in 2013.
Exciting news. Hope all is well and you are already resting with babe in arms. I can't wait for an update.  
Congratulations! You have a lovely family. Thanks for sharing your story.
Keeping you and baby Neala in my thoughts. I hope she continues to improve and that you will get to bring her home as soon as possible. Hugs to you.
I am so glad I stumbled upon this thread from so long ago and that their are new women posting. I currently live in Wichita but we will be moving to Great Bend sometime in the next couple of months. I am due with my 2nd in a couple of weeks and then we will list our house and make the change 2 hours west. I happen to be a midwife, but will not be practicing for a couple of years so I can focus on just being a mom for a bit.  I can tell you that the discussion of...