or Connect

Posts by Jennyfur

I never thought of myself as someone who wanted or could handle twins, but my twins are 16 years old now and are absolutely amazing. They are extremely close & I feel so lucky to have them in my life. It's very true that the days are long but the years are short.
My son recently turned 16, and he played laser tag with his friends & then had an all-night gaming session at home complete with pizza and lots of goodies.
Considering how small her school is & how limited the class options, I think it would be a good idea for her to move to 10th grade now. The only caveat would be any resistance on her part, whether due to social or academic concerns. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by BelovedK and grandchildren. How do you make that instant connection? I care alot about them, and the grandkids (5 and 1) I love them to pieces, but feel there's something missing. I don't feel as strong as I do about my own kids, and I know it will be a different feeling, AND that it takes time, we are a new marriage, but I want to be welcoming and open. DH has expressed to me that I don't take enough interest in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by QueeTheBean There is a math-science school (still a public school) that goes from middle school through HS. DS is very gifted in math--one of his math teachers said she used to be able to use his tests as the master copy to check the others. My neighbor is in his grade and she goes there. I have spoken to DS several times about it, but he insists that he doesn't want to move. It has been a tough year, but he is so afraid...
Quote: Originally Posted by Phoebe It drives me nuts, the reading multiple books and not using book marks. I am a one at a time reader. I am aware that other folks do read muliple books so I don't let on that it bugs. This, exactly. My youngest child has several books going at once and I can't understand it at all!
I wanted to offer some words of encouragement. You could be describing my son at your son's age. Getting through grade school was academically easy but socially difficult for him. We tried to teach him social skills (he doesn't have Asperger's but is on the quirky side), and it didn't help that he was in classes with his very popular, socially adept twin sister. Anyway, fast forward many years to now, and he's absolutely thriving. It's a joy to see. He's almost...
Quote: Originally Posted by trinity6232000 Is a little girl dressing up in matching outfits with her doll psychologically damaging? Um...NO!
Quote: Originally Posted by Mpenny1001 If my five year old acted like that at a birthday party, I think it is perfectly reasonable that she be asked to sit elsewhere until she can behave nicely. I don't think it's appropriate to call her a brat, but then I don't think anybody should call anyone else names. As her mother, I certainly wouldn't make a stink about it to the hostess. I would encourage my daughter to make her apologies to the birthday child...
Quote: Originally Posted by confustication I'm glad you managed to get him to direct the anger at paper.... That said, wow,I'd be *shocked* if my 7yo wrote something like that. I'd wonder where she'd been exposed to language/hatred like that, and I'd really be in a hurry to find a good child psychologist/therapist for her to work with so she could work on where all of that anger was coming from. I'm usually pretty laid back about language and I...