or Connect

Posts by Jennyfur

Sounds fine to me. Re: not being able to hear her daughter call her on her cell phone when she's at the bar, the mom can put the phone on vibrate. When I go out and leave my kids at home (they're older now, but I used to leave them when they were younger--sometimes to go to a club), I can also text them.
I allowed my children to be alone for short periods of time when they were around 8 years old. My older kids began babysitting at age 13. Now that my youngest is about to turn 10, I'm comfortable leaving her alone for a couple of hours or so. I always leave phone numbers for her in case of an emergency, and we have responsible next-door neighbors.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pancakes We've pretty much settled on them getting their license at 17 and spending the following year driving while we are in the car. It wouldn't be an issue if the kids wouldn't have to drive on US 19 to get everywhere. Quote: Originally Posted by kathymuggle I agree with Pancake - 17 and with lots of parental supervision. I agree with Pancakes & Kathy. We didn't let oldest DD get...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamato3cherubs I think most of the replies here were way hard on the OP. You seem to have missed the part about her being concerned with keeping the Parents trust???????? Yeah, she still sits for the little kids, its not like they just go away now. I think the kid lied, and lied to everyone, and has to be called on it somewhere along the lines. Sounds like a couple of naive parents to me. I remember the teen years well too,...
She goes to bed at 8:30 on school nights and 9:30 on weekends. She wakes up around 6:30, so she gets anywhere from 9 to 10 hours of sleep, which is a sufficient amount for her.
I turn 39 this year & began caring about my age a few years ago. I look younger than my age, so most of my adult life was spent trying to look older. Now that life is catching up with me, I'm finally appreciating how good it is to look younger. I look better at 39 than at any time in my life, for which I'm grateful! (Turns out it helps to learn how to fix your hair and put on makeup--who knew?)
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonH Hi! I haven't stopped by these forums in a while. Hope you don't mind a question. Our almost-3-year-old is an early and avid reader. She read her first beginning reader books over a year ago ("I like stars"), and now I imagine she's reading somewhere around 3rd-4th grade level material. She can read the original Winnie the Pooh stories, for example, and understands most of it. We're increasingly at a loss to find...
I sympathize with your pain and frustration. I am not a "baby person," and after I gave birth to my twins, the first few months were sheer hell to me. I dragged my ass through it, and my husband did more than 50% of the parenting in addition to getting up with them at nights. I couldn't stand the thought of being in charge for the rest of my life. They got older, we agreed to have another, and we had a baby girl when my twins were nearly 4. This time, after a month or...
All the time.
Personally, I'm big on respect too, and I don't find her comments to be disrespectful. To the contrary, I find her to be quite mature in her ability to express her emotions. And she obviously feels safe in telling you how she feels. If one of my kids spoke to me at a young age in a way that was clearly disrespectful or snotty, I generally calmly said that the behavior was inappropriate and went on about my business. If the disrespect continued, I made it clear it...