or Connect

Posts by purplepaisleymama

Hi Mama....  I don't have any real insight for you, but I was thinking that you might look into tongue tie aas a cause of the weird muscle use for crying and aspiration.....my daughter had a tongue tie ( posterior) and it was the cause of her difficulty with swallowing and aspiration as well as her difficulties with speech. I am sorry that you haven't found any other families who are experienced in what your family is dealing with. There are a few support groups through...
We are crunchy and don't vax...but travel to Foster RI to see a pediatrician, Dr Kupperberg who is a homeopath.....after moving to CT...NE though, I looked for some crunchy Drs and other than a few NDs I couldn't get anywhere.....we started with the Ped we have been using for 13 years...drive over to RI fit him....he has a homeopath(who is also an MD)that he covers practice with but that Dr doesn't take insurance. He will do payments plans....his name it's Dr Shevin. We...
Dr Kupperberg is in Foster, RI....54 Howard Hill Rd. 401 397 4638 We have used him for 13 years will all of our 6 children....my husband and I both use him for a primary care as well.
Hello! Mom to 6 here, ranging from 2 to almost 15. We homeschool....actually I guess you could call it unschooling but I don't like the word very much. I have been breastfeeding almost nonstop since the first was born.....we are a crunchy...grain free, holistic minded and kind of funky family....living in the quiet corner...Danielson, CT.....very close to the RI line.
Thanks for the support and advice! I am goung to call next week....I just need to figure out which hospital to call...there are a few around that have teams for palate and two have been recommended to us...Boston Childrens and Mass General.....we live in NE CT and though I hear that there is a team at Hartford I would rather Boston. We are near Providence RI but the only surgeon we have experience with there moved and he actually worked with the team at Boston...
I think that if you can find someone who is familiar with special needs...and many Upledger Chiros are as well as a few other approaches...you are going to get some results with the adjustments...many kids have some huge compensations from birth and then it all piles on after....add the special needs in and it gets even more layered. I know that for us the combination has been a huge help but the CST is really al most no touch at all...though I have a very sensory driven...
My now 2yo had an MRI at 14 months...it was done with anesthesia...IV sedation at the local children's hospital and they gave her nasal sedative(a spray that they refer to as loopy juice) and after that took effect which was about 5 minutes they put in the IV and we were good to go. They monitored the whole time she was under and my DH and I stayed in the room...we brought scrabble and a pen to keep score....played through the whole 3 hour MRI( they were ruling out all...
My youngest has had feeding issues since birth....she had a very tight lip tie that was revised (incompletely) at 10 days old and a posterior tie that we have been dealing with since 5 months...she was completely breastfed, though I think only because she was the sixth and I knew it wasn't me. We have been dealing with her choking on think liquids... including her own saliva. Her official diagnosis is either mild CP or developmental delay...depending on which Dr you...
I don't have any real info for the CP forum...but would love to ...mild CP here with my youngest and it is hard to find any real support out there.  Though for the hip issues we have had some exposure to the hip dysplasia info...that is what we thought was an issue for our daughter and though she does have very lax joints she doesn't have dysplasia...we found out about the CP when her Pediatric Ortho (who just happens to be an expert on CP) was concerned about her...
I was reading the posts and I wanted to also mention that for our family two of my boys have had tics that were actually residual strep....our pediatrician noticed that one of our boys was blinking and clearing his throat and asked if this was a new occurance (this was about 5 or 6 years ago) and I said that it was about 6 our so months in that he was doing it....the Dr mentioned that it could be a tic that he would always have but it could also be residual strep. He had...