or Connect

Posts by mum4vr

ITA with those who've said have a birth plan, but keep it minimal, short, and simple.   Make nice with your L&D nurse-- she is your new best friend! Really-- I can't tell you how much more difficult things would have been for us if it weren't for my wonderful nurses! (If she -isn't- wonderful for you, then ask the charge nurse to swap her out for someone else-- make the excuse that you know you're moody during pain & it's not the nurse's fault, or w/e).   It's...
With DS1, my water broke-- I was 42 weeks & scheduled to be induced that morning, stood up out of bed to get ready for my appt, & felt a slow trickle that I just knew was amniotic fluid-- no big pop.   With DS2 and DD3, my water broke during labor-- in the birthing tub, so it was just a slightly amber colored spurt in the midst of early pushing.   With DD4, I was at the laundromat, washing my lovely woolie mattress cover, so it would be all clean and cuddly when we...
I'll chime in w PPs who've said to relax & be easy on yourself if she's growing fine (btw, the weight charts from the WHO are based on BF infants & are much more appropriate for nursed babies, IMO), but also especially watch her development! That can be a good indicator & also may reassure you not to worry needlessly. Is she continuing to develop new skills as she grows?   Although my baby is only 5 mos old, I'll chime in with our story: she was only at the 3rd...
Oh, a duct tape pattern; I love it! What a great idea!   PM = private message...   I can describe how to make the skirt, but it seems like one of those things that is soooo easy to show & so complicated to describe, LOL.   If anyone is interested, I can try C:
Hi Ladies, it's great this thread is going again C:   I haven't checked that link out, but Ontario Silk, have you just saved a "copy" of the altered pattern/s from the lady who helped you? When DD and I sew & change patterns, we usually make the new garment in a "mock up" with very inexpensive muslin with VERY large, loose stitches and tweak & tailor it, marking all changes & directions right on the fabric in sharpie--- then we pull out the stitches & use that muslin as...
hope you feel better!   re baptism of children, just my opinion, I think that's very young; however, if I'd not been allowed to be baptised very young, I never would have returned to faithfulness after my dumb-young-adult phase & never would've been re-baptised & never would've tried to raise my children according to the word (as much as possible w my weaknesses & failings)... so...idk re baptising children...   anyone else care to share their own experience w very...
Re: music... hmm... there are differing opinions in our family as to what's appropriate, what's enjoyable, and even what may constitute sin! So I MISS good music-- there is very little we agree on enough to listen to together, either secular or "Christian"   Re: Duck Dynasty... hmmm... idk exactly who they are, but I think they claim to be a Christian family-- they pray at the end of each show-- they are quite popular around here! I've seen a couple of their shows at a...
Just jumping in quick to say I think it's great you all are aple picking! No orchards this far south, well not apples-- the native persimmons will eb ripe soon tho-- DC like them, but I don't... anyway, sounds fun & makes me miss the North!   Re: a bad-news friend... idk, we HS & ime, it may be time to tell your DS that God wants us to choose friends wisely & someone who hurts little kids & defenseless animals is not the friend he wants...? Maybe read over Sampson's...
it is sad, but the most-overlooked ppl in ou rcommunity are found in nursing homes n homeless shelters. a few years ago we baked inividual loaves of dessert breads n delivered them to nursing home residents n talked n prayed w them all afternoon n evening around thanksgiving. the last person we tt was a Christian man who, in his youth had built our church's building, almost single-handed (this wasn't his own claim, rather what others, including old news clippings reported...
I also was interested in the notion that piercing sends the wrong message. I can see how it -could- send a negative msg-- esp if there was a lack of positive environment in general in the child's life. I don't think piercing in and of itself is usually powerful enough to effect this kind of change, tho, not in most situations.   I can think of ways the opposite could happen--- like how constantly being asked if you're a boy or girl can be damaging to a child's psyche and...