or Connect

Posts by mamapajama

My ds who is 6 has been having nightmares periodically (a couple times a month) for the last year or so that involve different scenarios where I (mom) leave him places, let him get kidnapped, let him get lost, and watch him drown in quicksand and don't care.  He wakes up from these nightmares crying and sad and he talks openly about them.  I try not to be bothered personally about these dreams because I ask myself: how could my ds who was breatfed until he was 5, coslept...
ooops xposting this accidentally posted in the wrong forum.  I meant it for here.......SO:       Just because it came up on another thread, I wanted to throw that stupid phrase out there.  In other countries, the saying changes and you hear things like " A daughter is born facing outwards" which is the opposite of the expression we hear here in the US.  so, I think it depends on the culture you grow up in.  But, today with my crazy boys, I am thinking to myself,...
Ooops I meant to post this on TAO forum. 
Just because it came up on another thread, I wanted to throw that stupid phrase out there.  In other countries, the saying changes and you hear things like " A daughter is born facing outwards" which is the opposite of the expression we hear here in the US.  so, I think it depends on the culture you grow up in.  But, today with my crazy boys, I am thinking to myself, after all my hardwork they better better still want to hang out with me when they are grown and married. ...
 I just don't understand how loving little boys can grow into men who don't want to hang out with their family of origin just because they are male.  It makes no sense and must not be about gender but about something else. 
Yes!!!!  
Ugh I despise that old saying " A son is a son until he takes a wife"  I remember a friend of mine with a daughter told me she was stopping at one because she got her daughter and would have her forever.  I didn't understand what she meant and then someone told me that old saying.  It was the first time I heard it.  It always makes me mad as if those of us who only had boys lose out in the end.  But that it OT, sorry.   Love reading all the replies.  Thanks!
Did I mention that I am also "the controlling wife" at times?  DH is more social than me so he does do a lot of planning events and cooking, but I did make the xmas arrangements this year and I bought all the presents and planned everything.  It was my decision to stay home and not see his family.  Well, it was a joint decision.  I just want my boys to become men who care about family.  And not, because they are men, think its OK, to just sit back and let their wives...
Let me start by saying I have no good role models for this in my own life. will someone please tell me that the stereotype of the women controlling where everyone spends the holidays, and social life in general, is not true.  Because I have sons and no daughters, and I just watched my three sisters in law completely dictate how the holidays went while their husbands just did whatever they said.  The result, all the girls had the holidays with their families.  All the...
Anyone homeschool in Denver?  How are the laws?  Is there a homeschooling community.  I am currently in Seattle but we may be moving to Denver.   THanks!