or Connect

Posts by mamapajama

thanks everyone for all your thoughtful responses. I think a lot of my insecurity is because I have had such a hard relationship with my MIL and two SIL. But, even though they blame me, my dh had huge issues with them before he even met me. They just were so hurtful to me in such an unexpected way. SO, I just cant imagine having a good relationship with them, and i am always so scared that I am setting the stage for it to repeat for me when my boys marry. But I am NOT...
I know this is stupid to worry about because there is no thing I can do about it. And it is something I Have worried about in the past, thought I was over it, and here it is again. I have 2 little boys who are simply wonderful (challenging of course) but wonderful. I am SAHM and I homeschool. And I ask myself on days like today: why do I do this? Why do I do this when society is going to tell my boys their whole lives that because they are boys they will someday grow...
Hello! I have 2 boys and I did go through a phase (right after we decided we were done having kids) where I really wanted to have a girl. And it was during this time that both my sister and sister inlaw found out they were having girls. The first girls in the family. I was so upset I really couldnt even talk to them for a month. I got over it, because really, I believe we get the children that were meant for us. My boys don't love me less because they are boys. If...
Hello! I have 2 boys and I did go through a phase (right after we decided we were done having kids) where I really wanted to have a girl. And it was during this time that both my sister and sister inlaw found out they were having girls. The first girls in the family. I was so upset I really couldnt even talk to them for a month. I got over it, because really, I believe we get the children that were meant for us. My boys don't love me less because they are boys. If...
Hi folks, I feel like I can never see the answer to this clearly because as homeschoolers we are so often told that our children will not be socialized. I totally don't believe that. However, I still stress about finding the right level of socialization. I belong to a huge hs group which I like mostly for my own socializing. My 2 ds (about to be 7 and about to be 5) are completely content playing with each other. They welcome other kids to play with, but they...
Anyone know a good one in Seattle?????? Much appreciated. Michelle
Hello! My soon to be 7 year old ds has always dealt with his anger and frustration by yelling, hitting and pushing. Seriousely since he was like 2 years old. We have always problem solved, practiced, role played, etc etc etc. Yet, while it has greatly improved, it still happens fairly frequently. For example, I just took him home from the park where he has been playing with his homeschool group. Everything had been fine until someone sprayed him with a water gun. ...
Well, I alway figured I'd have 2 kids, boys, 2 years apart. And I do. BUT, ever since my second was born I thought I wanted another. But, my hands have been so full with my wild boys that I always felt like a third child would be my undoing. I have had so many days where I felt like my life with boys was completely out of control, my house was out of control, and I was a terrible mom. But, as my boys have gotten older my urge to have another child has gotten stronger....
I'm going to try to make sense here of my insanity about my baby cravings. I desperately want another baby. However, I am so afraid of having another baby. I have been completely paralyzed by my inability to make a decision for a year now. I have 2 boys ages 6 and 4 and they are very challenging for me. I homeschool, I am stressed a lot, but I just love them so much (of course) I have fallen into this cycle of having unprotected sex almost close enough to ovulation to...
Well, I only have two boys, but my husband makes three boys, KWIM? I'm having a hard time dealing with our society's expectations that it is somehow really important to have a daughter. That if you have boys and no girls then when they grow up you will lose them to their all controlling new wife who will of course hate you, the MIL. I recently stumbled upon this moms of boys website and it was full of people feeling so sad that they have all boys and no daughters, and...