or Connect

Posts by mamapajama

I just need a little support. I belong to a homeschool group, but it is not working for me. I am afraid to let it go, because without it, my 2 ds's will have one family we are close with who homeschool, and that is it in terms of friends. They will still have weekly parkdays for playing with big groups of homeschoolers, but we will lose the small group that we have been a part of for the last year and a half. It is possible we will meet other homeschoolers in our...
I write this, with the utmost frustration and resignation. I cannot get my ds to stop hitting people when he is angry or very frustrated. Thus has been a huge problem since he was able to hit. I swear I have tried everything, from sticker charts, to role playing to removing him from the situation. Everything. We are not a mean family, we don't hit. I don't understand why he can't control himself. He knows it isn't OK, he can role play endlessly abt what he should...
This is totally vague, but I was thinking abt starting some sort of science club geared towards 5 and up. My ds is crazy for science, specifically experiments. But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how this would work, or really what we would do. I want it to be low maintenance on my part. Anyone want to throw me some ideas? I'm just plum out of em.
: subbing we want one too
We have used Singapore, and liked it. I have a copy of the teachers guide for "Everyday Math" and it has some good ideas for projects. Mostly we just use math games and what we find around us. (: Michelle
My children are still little, so this is my first official year of homeschooling, and my second year involved in a homeschool group. I love the idea of homeschooling, and I am committed to it. However, the social microscope my children operate under is driving me crazy. As parents, we are all present for playdates, and "classes" we create etc. This seems to mean all the parents watch the kids interacting in a way that parents of schooled out of the home kids do not. ...
thanks so much for all your great ideas and suggestions Wuwei. I really appreciate it. (:
Thanks for all the links, and advice. I scheduled an appt with my pediatrician. It is in two weeks, and hopefully will point me in the right direction. It's been an awful week. My good friend just essentially broke up with me. She can't deal with my ds's behavior and doesn't want her son around it. My ds is mean to her ds. It is true, but it is a situation that involves both boys, not just mine. It was very heartbreaking. I'm sad, very sad. Hopefully things will...
thanks everyone. I'm always trying to find the social balance in our lives. It's hard for me to let go of the whole concept of "socailization" meaning that kids should be with other kids all day long.
HIs issues are that he cannot "behave" in social situations with other kids. He gets angry over nothing, is mean, aggressive, bossy, controlling, bounces off the wall, can't keep his hands off of other people, acts completely hyper, and just acts like a different person. It has been a problem since he was able to play with other kids. I am at the end of my rope. I can't take any more of being the mom with the crazy out of control child. He isn't a mean kid, but he...