or Connect

Posts by superjen

hugs to you, mamas! my partner and i were hoping to TTC in 2008 after a tubal reversal, but now my doc thinks i might have endo. i am going for more ultrasounds (to look for other culprits) in a few weeks and am asking my doc for a laproscopy. seeing that some of you were able to have babes with endo is making me feel a bit more optimistic - things just haven't been looking too good for me right now.
welcome!
i'm so happy for you! i'm actually crying at work, reading all this. congrats mama!
Quote: Originally Posted by bczmama I'm going to say it -- I think that your husband was crazy to agree to co-sleep with his stepchildren. The potential for misunderstandings, for the situation to be misconstrued, and the liability that would result from it, is just too great. I'm also amazed that your ex has not raised a stink about this. I know that I would, if the situation were reversed. can i ask what you mean exactly? i think i hear...
Quote: Originally Posted by lesley&grace I guess it depends on a few things; 1) How strongly does your dh feel about not having the older children in the bed? And is it because they are not "his" biologically or because they are older? 2) Are the older children going to be having to sleep in their own beds once a new baby arrives? If yes: Is it fair to suddenly take that away or have you discussed transitioning them to in their own beds full...
maybe this would be better in the family bed section? i'm not sure... let me know. our dilemna is that i love cosleeping and so do the kids (ages 10 and 4). my partner (their stepfather) does not. i have coslept with my babes their whole since day one and they simply prefer it. when DH moved into our home, we had lengthy talks about cosleeping, the benefits, but also everyone's comfort levels around co-sleeping with a man who was new in our family. the kids never...
wow, are we mothering the same child? my son just turned 10 and is very emotional as well. with him, i think it's part nature and part past-trauma. we have been through a lot in our little family. my partner (who has step-fathering for 2 years now) is of the opinion that ds needs to toughen up. he does though, leave these kinds of parenting philosophy issues to me, and is starting to come around to the way i handle my son and his emotions. things i have...
Quote: Originally Posted by Flor We do have a similar situation and there is nothing we can do. I'm sure the ex doesn't want to hear our advice. We just parent our way at our house. I think kids are remarkably adaptable. how do you keep your sanity when the children are with the ex? i have a really hard time some days, with worrying and such. they both express such unwillingness to go sometimes, but i send them because i have no choice and...
i'm a birthmom. my first child was born when i was 18 and i chose open adoption for him. he just turned 14 (holy cow!) and i have seen him 3 times since he was born. no regrets, absolutely none. i don't know if he'll seek me out in the future or not... i will leave that up to him as i don't want to intrude upon his life.
um, hi. new here. i'm shy, but i *need* this thread.