or Connect

Posts by J-Bean

Hey there, Funny to open up MDC after not visiting so often lately and to see all of my symptoms from today in the first 5 threads (prodromal labor, mucous plug, aches and pains...) Question though, anyone know if it's still alright to do pereneal massage when you've started losing your mucous plug? I think I just want an excuse to not do it. But, thought someone here might have already asked this question. Thanks so much!
Congratulations on a healthy birth and for being so flexible. There are always times when flexibility is more important than birth plans. Great job! And happy baby moon!
Congratulations! And cheers for quick and healthy births. Yay! I've been salivating over the thought of an icy cold rum and coke this past month, so happy hour sounds great.
I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this right now. I don't know that I have any words of advice, but I did want to send warm thoughts your way. I hope things work out for the best with it. I would be peeved too, just to add. But...if it was set to be...I'd try to find a way to accept it and stay alert to labor vibes if they start coming your way.
Congratulations to you and your family. I loved reading your birth story. It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing, and have fun on the babymoon!
Congratulations to you and your family! I can't wait to read your story too.
Ooooh, thanks ladies for sharing. I haven't been visiting the due date list here as often as I was, but I'm so happy to see pics of all of your beautiful finished pieces. I've got to get myself down the mountain as soon as some of this snow melts to get some necklace making stuff. Do you think the magnetic clasp thing would work with other children. I hadn't worn a necklace in about a year recently, and I put one on and my 2 year old literally broke it in 5 minutes. If you...
I'm not sure of your children's ages, but I have a 2 and 4 yr old who sleep together upstairs (you know, meaning, they sleep sometimes upstairs on their own), and I've been sleeping with one ear plug in my top ear for the past 2 months already. This way, general noise is blocked, but I can still hear them if they wake and need something. For all of my previous pregnancies I seem to have had this same 'alert mode' thing in the last trimester. I think of it as...
DDC crashing...but I couldn't resist. When I was having DD1 a few years ago, it was still a very undeveloped area of research and the good old "which came first, the chicken or the egg" in our theory development. There are plenty of things that people say can help "stimulate" labor to begin, but in all, no one knows exactly. Great question!
Congratulations to you and your family! It's so exciting to hear about all of these beautiful healthy babies! Take care.