or Connect

Posts by J-Bean

I'm here to join the pity party. I'm so sorry that you have to be separated from your family, but especially your child at this time. Here's to sending some healthy healing and calm-those-contractions-back-down vibes your way.
I was an avid Cd'er until midway thru my second pregnancy. Something about EC at that point in time really caught my eye. And, I was very skeptical that I could do it though, with a soon-to-be 20 month old running around with a newborn. But, I was amazed to find it as simple as what I'd read. (I read Diaper-free: The Gentle Wisdom of natural Infant Hygiene, by Ingrid Bauer.) My DH and I tried EC for the first time ever with our 2-day old. Just held her over a little bowl...
I feel that it really depends a lot on what you are envisioning for your birth. With DD1 I had a hospital birth with a nurse midwife. Her bedside manner from start to finish was brusk. And despite the fact that I thought this efficiency would serve me well at the birth, I felt wrong afterwards. That said though, I didn't feel like I relied on her emotionally at all. I didn't expect that at all. I kind of thought doula's filled that role (at the time). Then with DD2 I had...
I think this so depends on what your normal routine and exercise consists of, how your feeling, and perhaps what your healthcare provider thinks. With babe#1 I was walking to and from work (1 mile there, 1 mile back) daily until the end of the pregnancy. A mile was nothing for me with that pregnancy. But with DD2 my exercise was so limited, both because DD1 was just 1 still and that limited any normal walking speeds and because my pregnancy was just different that...
I had this happen too about a month ago. It seemed random to me so I didn't give it much thought afterwards, but right before bed my whole belly tightened up like a BH but then it just stayed super tight like that for a good hour or so. Moving around felt difficult, breathing was very uncomfortable, and I think I chose to stand but lean against the wall. And then I stepped into the warm shower and I think it dissapated during or afterwards. I would not worry too much...
Just joining in to say, there are others who haven't done the US. I did with DD1 since I was still learning and going with the course of things on that one, but since then, I really don't want one unless there is a need or concern that arises. Knock on wood, we won't have any. I too feel kind of isolated in my decision though. No US doesn't seem very common these days. It's seen as quite antiquated by the reactions I get it seems. Ugh.
I'm so sorry. I'm due another month, but had to stop in and let you know you are in our thoughts as well. My condolences to you and your family.
I'm sorry to hear about the confusion you're dealing with. Ugh, lost bottles. I always error on the side of spending less $ since that's where we're at right now and things always seem to get there, but you always wonder as they ask about buying it, hmmmm, this better make it there. So, here's my update. I wrote last Sunday for a full refund. I wrote all the details of my interactions with them with dates, email addresses, everything. And, I told them they've had my...
I'm sorry you are not feeling better yet. I can confidently write that my nausea with this one (#3 for me too) has been the worst yet. And, due to that, I'm feeling very done with adding more babes. That, and I just feel full to the brim with the 2 and 3rd on the way. I am such a crabby nauseaous pregnant lady that I'm glad for my family's sake that I finally feel better. In talking with other moms I know, it seems like the ones who get nausea with pregnancy, some have...
I am still a bit lost on the whole 'job' thing. I was somewhat happily working for a non-profit when they 'ended' my position after returning part time. I didn't want to return to work AT ALL when DD1 was born, but I had the health insurance coverage at the time, so it seemed the smartest move. And, when the 'ended' my position, I was more than happy to just be at home all day raising the littles. I was paying close to what I was making to work just to have good care. I...