or Connect

Posts by J-Bean

I am so enjoying reading here. Is it possible that you were pregnant on the MD due date list for Sept or Oct 2007? You just seem so familiar to me. I was due either month, and ended up having my DD2 Sept. Just curious, and I'm glad to hear that your life has moved from major upheaval to a place of peace.
Sorry guys, it's really too bad I didn't notice that it was I being interviewed until the week was half-way done. Our plans for kids has been very open. Kind of the have one and wait to see our feeling. This is #3 for us. And this time, from the start of the pregnancy until this moment in time, I'm all about getting my DH snipped afterwards. I feel full to the brim and content with what I have. And, I'm a bit hesitant about stepping into huge family land with the state...
Quote: Originally Posted by Right of Passage I've been slow to get to this hi J-bean!!! Can't wait to learn more about you! How would you spend a typical monday? Do you celebrate any holidays? What are your favorite? What is something you do to give back to your community or just the whole world? Can you share with us a time that you surprised yourself with your own strength/courage? My, my, my. Being behind on things really makes...
Quote: Originally Posted by nick&jonmom Hi J-BEAN! What are 3 things you'd most like people to know about you? I obviously haven't really learned how to use the quotes feature here. I wonder if I can figure out how to quote multiple entries with one reply? Anyone have any suggestions? I don't think my DD's patience will allow me to experiment with that one right now. So, this is a hard question for me. So, I think I'll avoid thinking about...
Quote: Originally Posted by apple_juice What are your birth plans? What is your biggest pregnancy "sin"? Any names picked out yet? Wanna share? BIRTH PLANS: We plan on having a peaceful homebirth. DD1 was born with our insurance at a hospital. Our insurance is actually one of the big reasons we just went with what was there. I was a little wary too at the percentage of 1st time hb moms who transfer. But, in the end, my simple birth was a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amandamanda what are you craving today? how are you feeling today? if somebody gave you 1000 dollars to spend on yourself what would you buy? what is your guilty pleasure at the moment? do you like Jelly-BEANs? is that where your name came from? Oh boy, how embarrassing. I was a bit of a daily here just a month ago, but as the nausea has worn off, my life has picked up again. Or perhaps I should say, I've...
I'm enjoying reading all of the great advice here. I've been so on the fence about getting the h1n1 vax since my asthma is always triggered immediately upon getting any cold. Everything goes straight to the weakest point, the lungs. So, I'm worried. I envision holing myself up at home until the beginning of March, but with the holidays and just simple outings to the grocery store or library which feel necessary at this point with a 2 and 4 year old, I just feel like I'm...
You will make the decisions you need to make, Mama! Get your rest and let yourself heal quickly. I would also like to be a 'recommend not taking vax/meds' for this, but am debating it myself with my asthma always causing immediate problems when i catch anything. So, listen with an open ear and follow your heart. Your instincts will take you in the direction you need to go right now.
I guess I fall in the other category. I had a 20 week u/s for dd1 and really didn't give it a thought since I was having the baby at the hospital and they kind of just schedule things without inquiring as to your exact wishes. My husband and I are not callous people, but neither of us found the u/s to be a magical fulfillment to us. We both already knew that if there was a problem, we were still going to 'keep' the baby. And the images were of close-up movement, but not...
It's funny to see this thread come to life right as my brain gets back to thinking about it. "Hey, where are those Sigg bottles?!" Just Sunday I remembered again and decided that was it. I too have been waiting for 7 weeks and nothing. Which I'm kind of glad of. So, I emailed demanding a full refund. After all, they are holding my Sigg bottles now and not providing the promised services (replacement bottles, timely matter (last reply said processing took 4-5 weeks), or...