or Connect

Posts by J-Bean

Love it!!!!
Ugh. My nausea was subsiding and now all this week I've felt grumpier than ever, headachey, tired, and unsettled. And yesterday I realized that I've been tasting this icky taste in my mouth night and day for a few days now. It's metallic. It's yucky. And nothing seems to get rid of it. And even water tastes bad to me (which stinks, 'cause that's all we drink usually). I looked it up and was happy to see it didn't appear to be a nutrition issue. Just another great pregnancy...
I'm not sure if your pregnancy has other issues surrounding it that make these dates crucial, and if so, perhaps it is worth the stress that this is causing you. But if not, it might be a good time to remind yourself that this is your body, your baby, and your birth. Regardless of the specific week you are in and the exact size the baby is, your baby will decide to come when it does. I think one thing that is easy to let happen is to get swept away by the details and use...
I always have this problem of following the weeks too. I actually went to one of those due date calendars online and tweaked the dates a little to get my approximate due date (my cycles were really off still since I was still breastfeeding at the time) we have in mind. Then, every two weeks or so I wonder "am I at 12 or 13 weeks?" and I go look at my little print out of the calendar week by week, just for a sense of timing. I know nothing is truly accurate down to the...
My day of full realization that my mind no longer works for me was last week. Can definitely relate. Went to REI to pick up a tent, forgot my purse. Realized it when we arrived at the grocery store. Returned for purse. Ate lunch since my nausea has basically forced us to eat out since it's a drive down the mountains to get groceries and then back up again. My appetite doesn't understand these time constraints. Ate Thai food, yum. Paid with credit card. Retrieved card but...
Another 'loving surprises' mama here. For me, surprises are one of the joys of life. So, I haven't wanted to find out the gender for any of my babes. I also have this feeling that if I 'know' the gender it will lead me to do thinking, planning and creating expectations, even unintentionally, that i don't want to burden my little one with when it enters this world. Just the way I handle things. I've had so many situations early in my life where I planned things out ever so...
This was my nightmare at eight months pregnant last time around. I dread that it will happen again. Although I can only share my sympathy, you may want to consider any supplements/vitamins you are taking. I realized in month 8 that it was the prenatal vitamins, which had lots of iron in them, that was constipating me terribly. I switched to taking 1 every 3-4 days instead and the problem really dissapated. Not one's favorite thing to hear, hey stop taking your vitamins,...
Another newly-hit-over-the-head previous customer of SIGG here. I just read this on my local AP group's listserv was in disbelief. I only own 2 bottles since that's all I could afford, but it is truly so disappointing to find that this company wasn't honest from the start. Ugh. So unsurprisingly surprising, right?! Well, I wrote on my Facebook wall, emailed my listserv group, emailed the CEO, and emailed the liners address listed (which bounced right back). And I'll keep...
I've gotten dizzy during all of my pregnancies (the two before this one and this one), and don't find it that unusual. With the hot dry weather here it's impossible for me to keep up with water intake and I am moving from low positions so often with an almost 2 year old and an almost 4 year old. Tie the shoes, potty time, getting dressed, read a book, picking up toys that travel throughout the home all day--swear they have a life of their own at times. I guess I'm also...
This is so funny as I was just thinking about this an hour ago. I wiggled back and forth with my girls to the music, and my belly wagged. I thought, wait a minute, how'd my belly get so big so fast! Oh yeah, we just ate a big lunch. Yes, my belly grows quite officially pregnant after meals. The only time I don't look overtly pregnant these days is while laying down on my back...and even then it's a pretty jiggly belly.