or Connect

Posts by Naturalyst

I do hope the original poster was, as one responder suggested, the 13 year posting and not the mother.  The notion of a 13 year old is running with a boy (or, even alone) at 3 AM on a regular basis and that her parent is *wondering* what can be done is both sad and scary.  Parenting is not easy.  It's work.  And, during the teenage years, it's often thankless work that produces a lot of gray hairs.  Nonetheless, it is this mother's obligation (moral and legal), no matter...
My experience with Mederma and those scar gels/creams based on onion extracts is that they don't work very well - if at all (kept hoping to see a difference, but never did).  There are silicone scar patches that work by putting gentle pressure against the scar.  They make a discernible difference.  While they are pricey, they can be rinsed and reused for weeks (it takes 4 - 6 weeks). The silicone sheets were recommended to me by a dermatologist after a surgical procedure....
I'm sure everyone reading can appreciate how scary this is for your family, with so many disorders as possible causes for the bruising and bleeding.  While you continue to look for a cause, do know it is not necessarily something serious.  Each negative blood test result rules out scary possibilities.  And, what's left can be as simple as too much or too little of those vitamins responsible for blood vessel integrity.   And, I offer my story as evidence of yet another,...
I have not posted for years.   My mothering is over, though I will always be a mother.  This thread has drawn me and I expect my response will not be popular, but it comes from experience with very 'different' children - one diligent and one distracted.  The latter went on to graduate as a designer (which you say is your child's current thought for the future), and she graduated college with honors.  It has been my observation that children, at 14 years old, can't fathom...
Quote: Originally Posted by NiteNicole I have been the manager that has to tell someone that people are complaining about their - body odor, patchouli oil, smoke lingering on their clothes, strong perfume, etc. It is not fun. There is no nice way to do it, the best you can do is not do it in front of other people and get it over as quickly as possible. What smells good or even acceptable is different to different people. You keep saying that you while...
As an asthmatic myself (since infancy) and as a result of raising a child with asthma, I know you can't predict whether a cold or flu is apt to trigger a reaction. Sometimes it does; sometimes it doesn't. No single measure is enough to thwart infection. But, we do what we can to avoid respiratory infections and that includes everything from hand-washing and avoiding the company of people who are ill, to getting a yearly flu vaccine. My stepdaughter is not asthmatic...
Most thyroid nodules are benign and you'd be shocked to know the % of women walking around, unknowingly, with benign nodules. Even when young women do get thyroid cancer, it is rarely very malignant (rarely aggressive). The surgery, for me, was no big deal. I went home that same day and went for a long walk the following morning. The effects (nausea and headache) of the anesthetic bothered me more than anything else. It took a couple of weeks for me to not be aware...
Looking at the Source Naturals site, I note: The Vitamin D-3 liquid "other" ingredients are: vegetable glycerin, deionized water, polysorbate 80, citric acid, natural orange flavor, and lemon essential oil. Five drops will give a 2000 IU dose. And, the 2000 IU softgels "other" ingredients are: rice bran oil, gelatin, glycerin, and purified water.
Source Naturals Vitamin D-3 tablets contain (in addition to Vitamin D-3) microcrystalline cellulose (wood pulp is the main raw material used to make this) and stearic acid (animal source). It comes in different doses and is available through amazon.com for reasonable cost. Additionally, the bottle states: "Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, soy or wheat. Contains no sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance." The company website...
About the iodized salt - dextrose is added to stabilize the iodine. Dextrose is *not* corn. It can be derived from cornstarch. But other sources include rice, wheat and other starch rich foods. If your DC is tolerating the salt, IMO, go with it. If you have concerns about the source of the dextrose in Hain's salt, call their customer service folks at 1-866-595-8917. They may know or be able to get you an answer. As I am sure you've already learned in reading about...