or Connect

Posts by Corvus

Oh I Love True North! It didn't even occur to me to check with them! Thank you so much. Have you actually had it done yet, isaakspacifier? I'm just curious. Did your child have any reactions? Is there anything different about the vaccine compositions of the separate doses besides the fact that they are separate? Apparently, the state/school "requires" 2 doses of MMR. I am trying to go by Stephanie Cave's delayed vax schedule (What Doctors May Not Tell You About...
I am desperate to find a doctor's office who has the MMR vaccines as separate doses (meaning, one for mumps, one for measles, one for rubella, as opposed to the big MMR vax as one dose). My understanding is that they can still be obtained this way, but most doctors' offices do not carry it because it's very expensive, has to be purchased in lots of 10 (or more), and there is very little demand for it. (It doesn't even occur to most parents to do only one vax at a time and...
Quote: Originally Posted by lillian after reading what it said in the promotional material, i think its actually a cute campain for adults. the mistake they made was giving it to a child. ITA.
If I cut-off all the friends and family members who think I'm weird for nursing for 3 years or for nursing at all, I would only have a couple friends left. The fact is, I don't care what other people think of my nursing. And if someone badgers me about it, I simply try to gently educate them. Usually they drop it, but if they keep it up, I just ignore them. And I refrain from bringing the topic up around them. I don't want to hear it. I'm just saying, if you like your...
Twinklefae, I think there's a huge difference between offering popsicles to a 4yo and 8yo and sticking a lollipop into a baby's mouth.
Quote: Originally Posted by wwinorth So, we were at a Chinese restarant yesterday and the waitress (who did not speak ANY English) came over and unwrapped a sucker and stuck it in my 10 month old's mouth! She then tried to get DD to hold the darn thing. Holy crap! I just sat there not knowing what to do. I knew that if I tried to stop her and explain, she would never understand, and would think I was totally rude. So, I waited until her back was turned...
Quote: Originally Posted by choli Well, apart from anything else, it's not very environmentally friendly for two people living in the same house to drive two separate cars to make the same journey every day. And it's not family-friendly for the one with the car to have to sacrifice his precious little time with his children each day in order to chauffeur his sister around. It's more than just inconvenient for him to have to wait around for his...
Quote: Originally Posted by ThreeBeans Why can't his sister get a part-time job and buy a small car? Yea, that.
I think you did the right thing. It's hard for me to be truly objective though, b/c my father and his wife are constantly trying to undermine my parenting (which is one reason we limit contact). So in your friend's shoes, I would want you to tell me.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThreeBeans A person who showed me such disrespect would not be allowed back in my home, and my DH would back me up on that. Ayup.