or Connect

Posts by xacerb8

Thanks, all. I will definitely check out the Mem Fox book and the Rudolf Steiner article.
I feel like I've just gotten a crash course on reading! I am nowhere near your situations, but I have some basic questions. My ds is 2.5 and about a two months ago he surprised me by pointing out the car window and saying, "no." When I looked over, I saw that the sign said, "No turn on red." Since then, he has been pointing to words in books and saying them. They are mostly words he must see and recognize from signs: off, on, no, school, slow. We have a letter puzzle...
I bf my ds who is 2yr4mos. I'm pg and due in Jan, and planning on tandem nursing. I've been having a "discussion" on another (non-Mothering) email list on the pros/cons of tandem nursing. (i'm pro, of course) Here's a quote from another woman on the list (she doesn't have any kids, and the whole discussion stemmed from a comment her boyfriend made about it): "...this tandem nursing thing sounds like a big bad idea to me. Nourishing 2 kids at once-whether they are...
hi, everyone: I am just posting quickly to tell you the news: I am six weeks pregnant (tomorrow). Aye caramba! Unexpected, unplanned, but definitely great news. I will read everyone's posts tomorrow and give more thoughtful replies. I've been thinking of you all and wondering how you're doing, it's just been too crazy to log on.
cosmicmama: I didn't mean to imply that Lisa was BAD for leaving Maya. I hope I didn't come off as self-righteous. Especially because after posting I realized that actually, my ds and I went two weeks w/out sleeping together when he was 3.5 wks old. I had very bad ppd, and was taking meds, and we got a baby nurse, so I could sleep. I was terrified he would not want to nurse, but he went right back to it. Sorry if I came across as judgmental.
Hi, everyone (thanks for asking for me, Velveteen): I was gone for a week, visiting my folks in IN. I was worried about staying on WW, as they are usually big into cheese and such. Fortunately, my mom is on this modified-Atkins diet. She has cut all processed sugar and flour. So they eat salads at every meal, lots of fruit, vegetable soups, etc. Which was fine, except that I almost STARVED to death. I mean, I am not in my sixties. I need more calories. I ended up...
So many posts, so little time! Excuse me if I don't refer to each and every one by name. I'm just tumbling all over in my attempt to reply. I thought the way Lisa left was really odd for an AP mom. And she didn't make any reference to how much milk she'd pumped or anything. My son will be 2 on Sunday, and I've never been apart from him for a whole night -- he still nurses. Even my dh said, "This is unrealistic. The baby never cries." I think probably Lisa was abducted....
Hi, everyone: It's Wednesday, yahoo! We are leaving to visit my parents on Saturday. Hopefully it will actually be spring out there. How is everyone doing? I have been having mad cravings this week. Pre-ov, I think. Thank goodness I had dh take all of the easter chocolates to the office. So, I am 9.8 lbs away from my goal wt, and I just started exercising. I took ds out in the jogger on Monday and we did a 1.5 mile run. It was actually really good to feel my body in...
Last night's episode rocked! The whole paintball scenario was wonderful. I like the fact that they seem to paint the gay community pretty realistically. (IMO -- having many gay men as friends) Unlike, for instance, Will and Grace, which seems to think every man flounces down the street waving his rainbow banner. Anyway, I thought the scene where Sarge comes to the door was priceless. I hooted and howled. Dh was slightly taken aback. (prude!) Marcy74: You are SO right...
Velveteen: I just read your post. I hope by now you have an answer. Gosh, I envy you so much. I only have my ds, and I would LOVE to have three more. Just don't know if I will have the time, being 37 and all. My thoughts are with you. Hope all turns out for the best for you.