or Connect

Posts by abeliamama

i had to apply the baking soda several times, but it finally feels clean and soft...   Momsteader, I don't think no poo can mess up your hair. If you don't like it you can just go back to the shampoo you were using before.I think my hair looks better than ever! And it's so much cheaper.  
Hi no poo mamas! I'm one year into no poo and love it!   However, I let my hair get pretty darn greasy recently, I had only used water for months...I applied my baking soda as normal, and now my texture is sticky, yet chalky! I can't get it soft again ! I did swim one day in a slat water pool and the next in a chlorinated pool before I used the baking soda...   What to do?
I'm about 2 1/2 weeks into no poo. I have shoulder length, pretty thick, curly/wavy/frizzy hair. I am hoping to get rid of the frizz as I gradually quit coloring/highlighting my hair to cover the grey.   The first week or so I did baking soda/ACV every other day. The top layer is still frizzy and my hair is HUGE. (I have always had "big hair". No perm needed in the 80's, LOL)   The under layers are waxy and coated feeling. I haven't used anything but ACV on the...
Ebay often has new Hanna undewear for around $14 a three pack instead of $20 if you miss the sale.   Just got my DD the largest size. I'm not sure what we are going to do when she grows out of this!
My eleven year old used to do that but it has gotten better. Now we get "in a minute, I'm doing "X" and she then needs several reminders.   Have you tried sitting down with her (hopefully when you are both in a pretty good mood!) and saying something like this:   "In our family everyone has to pitch in to get things done. It isn't fair for us to do all of the work, and you are old enough and capable of helping. Let's brainstorm and come up with ideas for making...
Hi! I'm new to the thyroid madness...Had a panic attack(?) at a convention which landed me in the emergency room, then to regular doc for blood tests. Got an thyroid ultrasound and have nodules. TSH came up low so I am hyperthyroid.   A little background...I have been through a rough few years with my husband battling addiction and my business hanging on by a thread. DH is clean now (yea!) and things are looking up.  Shortly after the panic attack and blood tests, I...
My DD is 11 and wears a 3 or 3 1/2 . DS is 8 and wears a 2 1/2. I wear a women's 6 1/2.   DD will be short, like me. (5ft 1") but DS is taller than a lot of his classmates but I guess his shoe size is smaller than average.    
Why not bury it? We put it in a shoebox in the fridge until kid is home and ask if they want to be there or if they want us to do it for them.   Just curious if there is a specific reason a backyard pet cemetery is a bad idea or if you just don't want to deal with all of that!   We have been through a lot of gerbils and they only live two-three years so that's a lot of burials.   I guess you have already done it by now but if this comes up in the future, how...
I haven't read much about this family or the comments , but is it possible the baby is a hermaphrodite and they want to wait and let him/her decide for him/herself and not announce that the child is a hermaphrodite to everyone?   It is hard to not use a pronoun!
Thanks for the replies. They help. For some reason I got notification of the first one but not the rest.   He isn't much of a hugger or kisser, either, in fact, not at all, anymore. But he does sit against me and put his feet all over me. And tackle and hold me down so I can't get up.   It's not really just the words "I love you" that I long to hear, but I guess some words of what he thinks. He's silent about everything except the game he is playing or his...