or Connect

Posts by PaganScribe

I have migraines when not pregnant -- badly enough that I take two medications daily to control them, and still have them fairly frequently.   However, I never had a single migraine when pregnant OR nursing with my son -- so I went over three years without a migraine (and off the meds).  It was lovely.   This pregnancy, I've had 3 migraines already -- at 21 weeks.  I am terribly disappointed not to have the same relief that I did before, but still, this is much...
I found out last week that we're having a girl, which I totally wasn't expecting. I have two sisters and we have four boys between us -- my mom is thrilled! My middle sister is due early May, so I'm hoping she has a girl too so my baby won't feel all alone in a sea of boys.
I've been in maternity clothes it feels like forever! I am overweight and carry all my weight in my middle , so most of my clothes were already tight in the waist. And I'm pretty short, so it wasn't too long after the BFP that I was getting creative with my dressing. I've lost 15lbs so far, and that doesn't seem to be reversing itself yet, but I sure look a lot of bigger!
Hi ladies, can I sneak in and join you? I've been reading for a while but have only just gotten to the point where this baby seems real, so I figure I might as well start participating! * EDD: 4/12/11 * Name: Carrie * Age: 35 * Location: Houston area * How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 cycles -- quite a shock after 2.5 years of trying with no luck after my son was born * What number child is this for you: 2 * Family (partner, other children, and/or...
I sent my DH a text message with a photo of the positive test. (He travels weekly for work and was in another state.)
Quote: Originally Posted by RubyWild As far as a child dying from having their neck caught in the window. That's just not possible. http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?did=1236&scid=51 Quote: Originally Posted by linked article, from 2004 At least seven children have died nationwide in the past three months by getting strangled in automobile power windows, prompting safety advocates to charge the auto industry and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by cjanelles I don't usually censor myself around my kids...(we have a pretty liberal "there are no bad words, only bad intentions" ideal in our house) Ditto, as far as at home. We've discussed "appropriate" places for different levels of language with my son, as well. Quote: So, instead, lately I've been exclaiming a lot: Son of a Monkey! OTOH, I taught (and will start again in the fall) high...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Depends on your state laws. In TX they are currently required to provide for gifted kids, but it's pretty open what they provide. It could be just one teacher they see has the gifted endorsement.... -Angela OT: If this were the case, should your school have a DEC audit, they would fail. In order to be ranked even at "acceptable," GT programs in Texas must include opportunities for GT students to work...
My STBX and I are both profoundly gifted. My "giftedness" is more balanced than his is; his is significantly more pronounced in math/logic/analytical areas. Mine, OTOH, is slightly more pronounced in language and creative areas, but it's not a significant difference. My mother and father, as well as his mother, are of above average intelligence, but none of them were ever ID'd as gifted. STBX does not know or have any info about his biological father. My son is...
It's been a long, long time since I've been in the "job hunt" and I'd forgotten how much I hate looking for a job! I've been off for 18 months, home with my son while we dealt with some health issues. Starting with the new school year, I'm going to be going back to work. (It's a little bit of "have to" -- I'm going to be getting a divorce -- and a little bit of "want to" -- I really, really miss working and miss my job.) But the stress of trying to FIND a job is...