or Connect

Posts by crystalalene

Thanks so much for this reminder.  I am so glad to find a resource for containers of different sizes.
Any advice? We are scheduled for court in two weeks (family court -- trial) if we can't make mediation work. So, we are super rushed and have to make big concessions just to get through it if we want to avoid lawyer fees and a trial. My stomach hurts just thinking about this. My younger dd just turned two and the older dd will be five in a couple weeks. It is kind of obvious that he wants to aim for joint so that he doesn't have to pay me any money, or at least...
And he's taking me back to family court because I did it without his permission. Please tell me this is ridiculous. My lawyer wrote in July that I wanted to discuss putting her in school, he ignored it. In August, the judge told us to work it out. He wanted her to go to school near him (over an hour away) and even told me I should just move up there (within four days). Needless to say, I went ahead and started her here. I don't know why or how this can be a...
I could have written this op. First, try not to be defensive or emotional about it because you want them to feel comfortable sharing and working these things out with you. Just absorb it and be there for her. I usually say something like, "Well, Daddy and I need to talk about it." and I wait for her response. If that's enough, she'll move on, if not, we talk about the changes, in a positive light: This is how mommy is happy, we won't fight anymore, she has two...
I don't understand it either. Apparently, every 'typical' thing that could happen or should happen in a family court case is NOT happening for me. The breeches of the protection order are not a big deal, the violation of the visitation order were dismissed, the doctor's affadavit means nothing, the judge would not rule on where or when to send my daughter to school, they keep putting it off on us. I don't get it. My STBX asked for forensics, claiming that I am...
We've been asked to get a 'parenting coordinator' set up in order to help us make decisions in the best interest of the children. I think it is kind of ridiculous but its what I've been asked to do. Would a mediator 'count' or do I have to find a PsyD, or MSW? They were not clear. Thank you for any ideas/experience you can offer.
The family court has asked us to get a 'parenting coordinator': some type of therapist in order to help us make decisions in the best interest of the children. We are supposed to provide two names to the lawyers asap. Would anyone have experience with someone in the area of Northern Westchester, Dutchess, or Southern Columbia counties that you would recommend? Thanks!
I really would like to hear from some of you who've been through this and have some more of that hindsight. This whole process is so difficult. I want and need to know it will be worth it in the end. I DO NOT want to go back, I am not questioning that decision. I just don't want to fight about all of this stuff anymore. I am feeling like I did way back when I just let him have his way just to make it better for the short term, not that it really works, but I am...
I would try seeking out some connections from the board at the Hawthorne Valley Farm Store. A kid in my daughter's class at the School there had two moms, and the family was well received. If you'd like some more specific contacts, pm me and I'll share names and numbers. Best of luck!
Okay, this is a tiny thing, I know. My daughter loves chinese restaurant duck sauce. Have any of you found a better alternative that looks the same, even in the same little packets would be great. I bought her some in a jar and because it has flakes of spices in it she won't accept it. She wants the peachy colored cheapy stuff that has no other visible stuff in it. Have you found a health food brand or even restaurant brand that doesn't have the yucky stuff (i.e....