or Connect

Posts by ChristaN

The epilator seems to be working well and, as others mentioned with waxing, the hair does seem to grow back more slowly when pulled out rather than shaved.  I would also say that they really have minimal hair on their bodies and I can't see doing laser treatments for leg hair when you have one hair on every half an inch of your leg, for instance.  Their only issue is the darkness of the hair, honestly.  Dark hair is more noticeable even when it is fairly sparse.
Dd14, the one who really is burning through most of the razors, really has no body hair whatsoever except on her arms and legs and, what she does have, is no thicker than mine, just darker.  Maybe it grows faster; I don't know.     I mentioned the stomach earlier as an example of her desire to not have a single hair anywhere on her entire body except for her head.  I, for example, probably have a few light blonde hairs somewhere on my back and stomach.  Dd is the same,...
Thanks, Cynthia :)
I've had a dr with whom I was comfortable for some time although I rarely go to the dr, honestly.  I found out a few months ago that she moved out of state, which her office neglected to tell her current patients.  So, in the interest of having someone to go to, I thought that I'd find someone new and set up a well check just to have care established somewhere.   Healthcare in my area, and I suspect throughout the country, is moving away from being something where...
Thanks.  We're going to give a try with an epilator for dd14 during the winter when she's willing to let her leg hair grow long enough to pull it out.  She has a much higher pain tolerance than dd12, for whom this may not work.   For those of you who mention the Venus razors, are they so sharp as to present a hazard where they may inadvertently cut themselves badly?  I still have a scar on the back of my ankle from shaving off a slice of my ankle skin when I was new...
Thanks, ladies.  I'll see if I can get more info from someone beyond the school.  I already called the state dept of education's number for the dept that deals with 504s and IEPs.  I left them a msg last week and have not gotten a return call so perhaps I need to call back.
To answer a few questions.  Dd has very little hair on her belly or other places.  She is just going overboard IMHO.  She has a little peach fuzz like I do, it is just dark hair unlike the white-blond peach fuzz that I have.  She is insistent on being as hairless as a cue ball, so she's going a bit crazy with hair removal.  Her friends who are Italian, Mexican, and African-American are all apparently shaving everything from their toes to their bellies to their forearms,...
Hi, I am not a regular poster on this forum by any means, but I thought that the mamas here would be the most knowledgeable about this topic.  I have a 10th grader who has been on a 504 plan since she was 9 for SPD and dyspraxia/dysgraphia.  I think that we've got the update issues mostly worked out with her school, but I am still unclear on what is and is not the school's responsibility and how disabilities are and are not diagnosed in schools.  I've gotten very mixed...
My dds, especially my 14 y/o, may be going a bit overboard with hair removal, but rather than argue with her about what hair should be shaved, I'm trying to come up with a means of letting her remove hair that does not involve daily shaving and using 2+ disposable razors/week.  For background, dh is southern Italian and my girls have his dark hair.  I am reddish-blond and my shaving is limited to maybe once/week shaving my legs up to my knees in the summer and under my...
We, too, have a 14 y/o high schooler and I, too, feel bad that I let her get as bad of an education in math in particular as she did in middle school.  Because she had skipped the last year of elementary, there was enough of a step up in a few areas that I don't think that I was fully aware of how much she wasn't getting what she needed in math.  This year in Algebra II she is paying for how inadequate her Algebra I class in 8th grade was.  It was supposedly the...