or Connect

Posts by oncewerewise

I have the 10 responses that I needed so I want to thank all of you who took the time to answer! I really appreciate it!
I have two, but I've always wanted at least four. I'd like to have 2 more from my own pregnancies and then maybe adopt 2. But, I'm single and the two I have keep me pretty busy. I've told my sister that I will have more as a single parent when I get to the point where I'm financially stable and buy my own house. (Hopefully, next fall!) My plan has been to wait till my youngest is 4 (next fall, lol, 2005) and then start thinking about it and trying. I'll be 34 and I'd...
I'm taking Social Development Studies with Certificates in Social Work (one General and one Child Abuse). The specific course this research paper is for is Social Work with Groups. The topic was my choice. I'm hoping to get two more responses so I have 10 to hand in with my paper. Thanks SOOOOOOOO much!!!
geogirl -- you are right, those are both formal groups, I didn't give a very inclusive definition, if you would like to share your thoughts on participating in those, that would be great!! mocha09 -- thanks!
Hi all, I have a research paper due today that I have been slacking on, so if any of you could answer the following questions before early afternoon today (Friday), I would greatly appreciate it! The Effectiveness of Formal vs. Informal Groups for Mothers 1) Do you/have you ever participated in formal groups geared towards parents? (A formal group has a facilitator who leads the group, generally, formal groups run for a closed period of time -- X number of sessions...
Quote: Originally posted by lena g I agree she should have been sterilized when she delivered I'm sorry but WHAT?!?!? Who has the right to decide who should be allowed to procreate and who isn't? I am against women doing drugs while pregnant. However, I did have a beer during both of my pregnancies. Does that mean that if I had (goddessforbid) been in the states when I went into labour and the doctor recommended a C-Section and I refused...
Proper etiquette is not to mention gifts at all on invitations since gifts are never 'expected'. They are, by nature, gifts! Also, I find most people ask when RSVPing to an invitation what, if anything, the child would like. This is the opportunity for saying nothing is really needed or being specific with a few inexpensive ideas -- craft supplies (reusable), clothing (current size or next size up), gift certificates for an activity. Hopefully, the person will...
I am more animated when I talk to children than I am when talking to other adults, on average. How many work places do you see where the employees burst into song cause they're learning and happy about it? It's been my experience that kids like to sing and dance and learn and play which is what I get from watching Blue's Clues. What I find offensive is those two that are on in between shows on TreehouseTV (Tansy and Rosabelle?) --- so annoying. Back to Blue's Clues...
Hmmm, are you sure all brands of acidopholus are like that? And, on a side note, with yoghurt, you have to make sure there is NO sugar because sugar feeds yeast.
lol I meant to type juice, not june... I must have thoughts of summer dancing in my head!!