or Connect

Posts by DoulaLMT

Just moved to Newman Lake/Liberty Lake area, I'm desperately in need of a recommendation for a hairdresser. My hair needed to be done a month ago but I don't know anyone in this area, and am too afraid to just try someone without a recommendation! :) Please help!
Mary Bernabe is in SW Washington. Her husband is a minister. 360-608-7590   That being said, my 5 month old DD was born at home with Pamela Echiverio and Monica Wood (and apprentice Emily). I asked them about their beliefs when I met them and felt comfortable with where they were coming from spiritually. They were WONDERFUL I really can't say enough good about them. Three of the most wonderful caring women I've ever met. Highly recommend them.
I've seen several threads through the years looking for pediatricians in Vancouver. I've come looking for ped recommendations too, and haven't found much. So since I found a wonderful pediatrician FINALLY, I'm coming here to let you all know about him!   Kevin Hatcher-Ross, MD at Vancouver Clinic on 87th Ave. Totally cool with homebirth - His wife did a hospital waterbirth. When I said DD was born at home, he told me about some study where most babies born in...
Much improvement here. i let her cry for a few minutes in the wrap and she conked out finally, and has been ok there ever since. As long as she wants to sleep. Otherwise no. I know that'll change as she gets older. And the paci was bothering her naps! She was spitting it out and I was putting it back in. When I held her it seemed like bouncing lulled her back to sleep, so I got an Amby baby hammock which has helped a lot. I bounce her instead of putting the paci back...
Glad I'm not alone. I guess. I got an Amby baby hammock/motion bed to see if that helps. Will report back. I'm using a pacifier with her and i'm thinking of taking it away. Seems like I'm spending more and more time putting it back in her mouth. I think it might be interfering with her naps, but not sure how I'd get her to fall asleep without it. I'm just soooooo frustrated and my toddler is not handling this well either. I totally agree that i spend most of my day...
DD was taking at least one 2-3 hour nap a day until a little over a week ago (she's 5 weeks now). Now they are all 45 minutes. Today she took 3 45 minute naps. She's SOOOOO tired and I know this is a common problem. Babies who have trouble with the transition between sleep cycles. DS had this problem too and never napped longer than 45 minutes until he was OVER A YEAR OLD. I think I'll lose my mind if that happens here. DS isn't getting enough attention and is acting out...
Babies can be really funny. Not sure if this is it, but here's something else to consider. I used a nipple shield with DS due to major tissue damage from his initial latch difficulties and the pain that followed for the next couple months of healing. He liked the oral stimulation that a plastic nipple gave, and would nurse ok like you say until the formilk was gone, then he'd pull off and fun and not nurse until my milk let down. I basically would nurse with a nipple...
can't read and not post. Congrats on your beautiful baby.
Trial of no dairy. And you have to read labels. It's in EVERYthing.
Congrats!! Our babes share a birthday and we were labor buddies!