or Connect

Posts by Perdita_in_Ontario

I just purchased a used Goodmama locally, and when I got it home was pretty surprised by how small it was! I understood it was supposed to be a one-size diaper, but I don't know whether they all fit small or whether this one has shrunk a lot.   DS is 16 months, 22lbs, and it looks like I'm going to have to purchase hip snaps if I want him to wear it, and the rise is quite low too. I'm surprised - most one-size diapers fit him fine.   So is it this diaper, or the...
The only HH I can think of that's like terry are the Heiny Huggers (they're like Kissaluvs, with cotton sherpa). The soaker is integrated into the diaper though, not sewn on top - is that what you mean?
Although Flip does allow you to tuck the insert inside the cover, I'm not sure that you could easily do it while standing (probably easier than pinning... but not great). You'd be better off with a velcro fastener, and honestly I don't think a tri-folded prefold would slip any more than the flip insert.   The gDiaper insert is better "tucked in" to the cover so that it stays put. I'd definitely pick the gDiaper system over Flip for the situations you're describing...
We have a cherry red Tripp Trapp that we bought when our DD outgrew her high chair. Apart from the fact that I have darn near broken a toe walking into the "feet", I love it. It's easy to clean, resilient, and attractive. DD is almost 6 and sits very well in it. Although it would last her into her teens, I doubt that a teen would sit in it (I could be wrong!). A lot of money, but in this case, I do think you get what you pay for.   Having said that... DS sits in an...
I use wool on DS quite a bit. He has very sensitive skin and can't tolerate PUL covers for more than about an hour a day - he "marinates" in them and gets quite raw. Wool (and fleece) allow his skin to breathe and it's rare that he gets a rash at all.   At night, we generally use an Aristocrats cover. I have quite a few covers, but I find it bulletproof. During the day, I use hand-knits or some of the trimmer wool covers. I don't find washing a big deal - I hand-wash...
My understanding is that for crib-sleeping babies, yes, following the Back-to-Sleep campaign, SIDS deaths did drop quite a bit. At least that's what the pamphlets I received all said. I too think there are probably confounding factors - I suspect that stomach-sleeping puts little babies into a deeper sleep where it is more difficult to rouse themselves. Without being close to a parent to regulate their breathing, that probably could spell disaster for a baby that had...
DS is 15 months. He drinks breastmilk and water in a straw cup. He's not aware that there's anything else in the world to drink, and I'm okay with that. ;)   I'm not particularly anti-juice, as long as it's 100% juice, but he doesn't need it, and I'd rather not go down that path.   DD was having constipation issues last year and it was suggested that apple juice would help. It DID - but we started to rely on it too much, and now although her bowels are great, she...
DS has been pooping on the toilet since about 6 months (he's 15 months now). Not all the time, but I'd say I catch about 75% of the poops. If I don't catch him in time, he uses his diaper. No confusion at all, but his skin is much healthier for catching the ones I do :)
DS is 15 months and he nurses more than 10 times a day, I'd say, but except for naps and night-time, they're quick pit-stops.   I've talked to many people, and found myself, that around 11 or 12 months is a bit of a lull in nursing - in fact that's why a lot of people find it's easy to wean at that age. But now DS is more mobile and communicative, his nursing has stepped up again.   I was working FT when DD was that age, and I pumped once during the day, and on...
My son got his first tooth at 10.5 months (exactly the same age as my DD!). He got 4 teeth - two up, two down, and hasn't had any come through since - he's getting on for 15 months. There are a whole bunch threatening, but they've been doing that for quite a while now so I'm not holding my breath! DD's came through pretty regularly once they started coming - he's definitely lagging behind in the tooth department!