or Connect

Posts by Perdita_in_Ontario

Completely agree.  
  I have been using lanolin as a barrier on DS for about 3 months now - and it works exceptionally well. I don't know how well it would wash out of a synthetic material as DS can only tolerate natural fibres, but on cotton/hemp/bamboo it protects and washes out really well in a hot wash. And yeah I use it on my wool covers too. Doesn't make sense to me either, but it's the only thing that works for DS!  
I rarely catch any pees - DS is very busy and quite often will refuse to sit for pee. So lately, I've been catching almost no pees (we always have a backup diaper on him). I'd say poop is about 80% or more.   I'm more concerned with the poop than pee anyway. My goal is to not having him sitting in poop at all, and to keep him using the toilet to some degree so that there is no real "toilet training" - just more and more success over time. So I'd say you're doing very...
Both my kids have large heads. I knit adult-sized hats for my 5-year-old, and DS is wearing a size 3 hat this summer (try to find a sunhat with a chin-strap in that size! doable but not easy). DD's head is beginning to look more proportioned to her body now, but it took a while, especially as she's at the bottom of the charts for height and weight - it's an interesting look. DS at least is big for his age all over.   I tell myself that they need huge skulls to...
Mosquito immunity? I wish! We live on a woodlot, and May through July is just horrible - we barely go outside. This year I'm buying mosquito clothing for us so we can go outside more without leaving home. I have developed a weird reaction to the bites, and instead of swelling up, I get these incredibly ugly veiny spots that last for weeks. DH swells up crazily but they're gone in about 2 hours.   I have no suggestion other than DEET, which we use sparingly, on...
Cross-posted in Diaper Making. My friend has asked me to knit a wool soaker for her son (15 months) for night-time. Of the patterns on Ravelry, does anyone know whether some are better than others for night-time use? I could also knit a doubler to go with it, but I'd like the best I can do without the doubler too - I'm trying to convert her to wool! Thanks!
Cross-posted in Yarn Crafts. My friend has asked me to knit a wool soaker for her son (15 months) for night-time. Of the patterns on Ravelry, does anyone know whether some are better than others for night-time use? I could also knit a doubler to go with it, but I'd like the best I can do without the doubler too - I'm trying to convert her to wool! Thanks!    
I learned how to do an origami fold today.   OMG, I've spent FAR too much on fancy diapers. DS spent the day in flats and wool and was just as leak-free and comfortable as in any fancy schmancy pocket diaper or AIO. I'm thinking of selling off my stash LOL.
Yes, our dentist said that it was more than likely in utero too. In fact the very first thing he said to me when he looked in her mouth was "This was not your fault." He knows how parents feel! So I'm not panicked about it. But at the same time, I'm cautious. At this point DS really enjoys chewing on a toothbrush when we are brushing our teeth, so we're capitalizing on that. I think I'll stick with water for the time being since he isn't fighting it!
  I have very basic birdseye flats - will they hold as much as a prefold when snappied? If so, I'll try it out - just to say I can do it if nothing else LOL.