or Connect

Posts by Perdita_in_Ontario

I love them as a pad too. In fact, I've replaced most of the microfibre inserts out of my fleece pocket diapers and replaced them with pad-folded flats. They wash well, dry well, and don't get stinky! But I never figured out actually folding them as a diaper either. I was planning on using a lot of flats when DS was tiny, but he was having so many rash issues that that plan fell by the wayside - too bad because as it turns out it's cotton and wool that keeps him rash...
DS transitioned to one nap at roughly 12.5 months. For a while he still needed to nap in the mornings (wake at about 7, down for nap ~9:30) but then wouldn't nap in the afternoon. Talk about looong afternoons.. he was cranky!!   Now I've managed to move the nap to starting at about 11:30, and he sleeps for about 2 hours, and then he's ready for bed around 7. We co-sleep so he doesn't sleep through, but he doesn't fully wake either.
Awesome. Ravelry and I are very good friends (like, I always have a Ravelry window open on my computer LOL) so I will do some searching on there. And the sea horse is lovely!
I agree. It has worked wonders for DS' incredibly rashy skin (5 minutes sitting in poop can make him bleed - that kind of rashy). Lanolin works wonders. Be sure to stick with pure lanolin though, like Lansinoh - I also have some Medela lanolin that's blended with some kind of oil to make it smoother - which is nice for applying it, but doesn't work nearly as well, IMO. And no staining or repelling problems.    
I've bought a whole bunch of "patio" plates and cups, and a bunch of Ikea kids' cutlery and plastic cups and we keep them in the basement for parties. They're dishwasher safe and work extremely well.   We don't provide pop either, but we do provide sparkling juices, and they go down very well.
Oh my goodness, these are wonderful! I am going to look for that pattern and learn crochet so I can make one for my daughter! I'd love to see the seahorse too!   Can you point me to the pattern?
I brush DS's teeth with water - but I think it's time to start using toothpaste.   I know that breastmilk won't rot his teeth (especially since he only has his front ones right now) - but DD night-nursed and although I brushed her teeth religiously, two of her molars rotted and she required general anasthesia to get them capped. This was in large part because the enamel on those teeth was faulty somehow, I was assured by our pediatric dentist, but I will do...
I love this, because it's exactly where I'm at (well.. maybe not quite there now, but only as of the past week). It's not like I was going solo or anything either - just absolutely no interest at all. Spore-like.   My period came back with DD at 16 months, shortly after I stopped pumping at work. I'll be interested to see how long it stays away this time, as I'm home now with DS, and he's entering a "hey, Mum's sitting down - time for milk!" stage. I've appreciated...
http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/709013/wwyd-offended-by-homily   Today on Facebook, the "bride" in question posted a link to a story in the local paper. The priest is being investigated for some shady goings-on at the church (nothing abusive). I am not going to link to the article as at the moment it is an investigation and it's not my goal to embarrass anyone further.   However, what was interesting was what she posted at the top of the link -...
I'm there with you. DS went through a tough phase at about 13 months, then he was happier for a couple of weeks, and now he's back to being upset if I dare put him down. I have some semi-serious hip issues, so even if he liked being on my back, I can't do it for long or I'll be in pain the next day.   Plopping him in the high chair with some goldfish crackers helps some - I can usually get 15 minutes out of him then. Usually. But sometimes, yeah, I have to put him...