or Connect

Posts by 2goingon2

In my experience no, it doesn't go out of fashion.  You have to be consistent and set rules.  Standing on the table is not allowed in my house because of the possible danger.  Toddlers have to be reminded/told over and over again before the rule "sets" in their little growing brains.  If you hope your daughter tires of it, perhaps she will but odds are not before she gets hurt or breaks something.   Regarding the couch - if you don't want her on it, redirect her.  I...
Both areas are dominantly Republican and conservative.  I know you didn't ask that but that is what comes to mind when you mention those areas to me.  I grew up in the same county that Bentonville is in and barring some family emergency - I would not move back nor want my kids to grow up there.   Bella Vista is mostly a retirement area.  Bentonville is the world headquarters of Wal-Mart.    Fayetteville is much, much nicer.  It's a college town so it's a bit more...
I've got two in diapers.  It's no big deal.  Don't worry and congratulations!
According to the AAP, babies that are put on their tummys to sleep are 18 times more likely to die than those placed on their backs.  Studies have shown (and no I don't have any to post - feel free to use Google) that putting a baby on his/her back is more safe.  Newborns don't "decide" or "find" the way they want to sleep.  They are totally helpless.  Why would you risk it?    While it is true that there is no one sure cause of SIDS - and my pediatrician has been...
Is it legal?  I just saw an ad on Craig's List and was wondering.
How exciting!  And how very proud of her you must be!
I would wait.  At that age, they want to put everything in their mouths.  They are learning to control their arms and hands and automatically want to put whatever they can grasp in their mouths for tactile stimulation.  He probably isn't hungry and doesn't realize it is food you are eating.  I would wait until he can sit up on his own.  Your breast milk is all he needs.
Now I'm hungry for enchiladas...   I always make my own sauce.  I saute' onions and bell peppers and a little bit of bacon cut up.  Then I add cumin and chili powder to taste and diced canned tomatoes...the amount depends on how many enchildads you are making.  You can also add jalapenos and tomato sauce/paste (and in your case soup) too.  I like mine 'chunkier'.  Anyway, it's a simple sauce and quite tasty!
My husband travels for work on a regular basis and I never take him nor pick him up.  He usually leaves very, very early in the morning and we have 3 children 3 years and under that would have to be loaded in carseats.  We live an hour away from the airport and like other posters mentioned:  that would be an unpleasant drive back.   We also have two cars so he can take his.  Since your husband's company has offered to reimburse him, I'd definitely do that instead of...
I sing a song by the Beatles that is on the White Album.  The first time I ever heard it I knew I wanted to sing it to my children when I had them...and I have.  All five of them.   "Now's the time to say good night good night, sleep tight Now the sun turns out his light good night, sleep tight   dream sweet dreams for me dream sweet dreams for you   Close your eyes and I'll close mine good night, sleep tight Now the moon begins to shine good...